Cyclesure Service

IanJ

Early this morning I had an altercation with a pedestrian who stepped off the pavement without looking in Joe Slovo Drive (Harrow Road). I was going quite fast down the hill at the time. I hit him in the ribs with my shoulder and then fell to the right nearly hitting a car standing at the robot.

My shoulder is sore and I have roasties on elbow and leg but nothing too serious. Stupid pedestrian came off worse, I reckon he might have cracked ribs or something.

I called Cyclesure at about 9am this morning and they immediately sent through a claim form. I took my bike to Westdene and got a quote for the damaged parts (STI lever, bar tape, rear derailleur and drop out).

I faxed the form and quote to Cyclesure at 15:30 this afternoon and within 1 hour I got a mail from them saying that my claim was approved and I should take my bike in to have the parts fitted.

Now that is good service ClapClapClap.

IanJ2008-01-17 10:30:24

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

riding in my car, i've seen this countless times: pedestrians just not looking before they cross the road. it is no wonder there are so many accidents involving pedestrians!

anyways, IanJ, gald you did not end up with more serious injuries.

IanJ, I have to agree.  After my 'dale was "re appropriated" I sent a claim to Cyclesure.  The assessor came to see me on the Wednesday after 5, and on the Friday I got the mail stating that I must go do my shopping.  Best of all, this was in the funny season!!!!  Well done Cyclesure!!!

Ian .....as a prudent measure advise Cyclesure of a potential personal liability claim that may arise (if details were exchanged) out of this incident in the event that the 3rd party institutes a civil proceeding. Lots of lawyers hang around casulty rooms!!! I'm also assuming that Cyclesure offer this coverage as part of your automatic risk profile. If not you may find it under your domestic policy.

Early notification negates the possibility of a claim being repudiated in months to come on the grounds of late reporting. Remember the 3rd party has I believe 3 years before a civil matter prescribes.

PS. Good to hear that Cyclesure are operating in this manner!!

Thanks Delgado but the only exchanges were unprintable. I left the guy standing at the side of the road clutching his chest and muttering "Eish.... Eish...."

Ian hope you OK dude... See you just wanna be like me... When I crash you crash etc etc... All you need now is a Soloist Tongue

Get well soon!

IanJ, glad that you're ok.

yep, i also love Cyclesure - they've taken good care of me through all the cr@p since Sept 2006 (burglary then bike then car then replacement car)

IanJ' date=' glad that you're ok.

yep, i also love Cyclesure - they've taken good care of me through all the cr@p since Sept 2006 (burglary then bike then car then replacement car)
[/quote']

You need to go and wash in the Jordan river and perform 7 backward somersaults while you there! Confused

pantani, you offering to pay for my ticket to get there? Wink and a guarantee that the plane won't crash on the way?????

Ian .....as a prudent measure advise Cyclesure of a potential personal liability claim that may arise (if details were exchanged) out of this incident in the event that the 3rd party institutes a civil proceeding. Lots of lawyers hang around casulty rooms!!! I'm also assuming that Cyclesure offer this coverage as part of your automatic risk profile. If not you may find it under your domestic policy.

Early notification negates the possibility of a claim being repudiated in months to come on the grounds of late reporting. Remember the 3rd party has I believe 3 years before a civil matter prescribes.

PS. Good to hear that Cyclesure are operating in this manner!!

WTF - can you say this in English please!!!

3rd Party? There were only two of them involved, who is this 3rd Party? Perhaps this 3rd Party guy is the so called 3rd Force from the aparteid era and after 1994 also went through some changes. Nothing like a good ol name change to set everything right.

"3rd party" is the legal term. ie the pedestrian might try to claim "3rd party" damages against Ian. but it must be borne in mind that any attempt would be repudiated as he (the pedestrian) stepped out in front of Ian.

Hi Ian, glad u ok. I support Cyclesure's good support. When I crashed in the Bakwena - R3000-00 - damages, I was helped by Annelize Harding within 24 hrs, and my bike was repaired. I pay R219-00 for a bike of R37k. Worth the cost.ClapClapClap

Glad to hear that you are ok. And that is the type of service I have come to expect from Cyclesure - they continuously surprise me with good service...