are expensive parts making us soft

Stretch

You KZN sissies .In Gauteng we lick our bikes clean or we carry them over the finish line

That's cos you okes only ride on district road anyway :-)

Edited by Stretch

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You KZN sissies .In Gauteng we lick our bikes clean or we carry them over the finish line

You can only carry your bike because you haven't ridden up any real mountains... :)

Perhaps the question is then, aren't you riding a bike that is to expensive for you to afford?

I don't think it is about that..it's more about if it's worth it or not. I could afford to replace the components if needed...but is it worth it for one days fun in the mud...

That's cos you okes only ride on district road anyway :-)

Haha. Nice Stretch. Posted that while I was typing mine...

the thing i see alot is that us here in SA seem to go nuts with over doint the components on our bikes! in europe the majority of riders take SLX and XT where here its all carbon XTR which has to be replaced far quicker and is not even close when it comes to longevity!

i ride SLX and i wont ever go higher as a AM rider. its just not necessary .... better front shock would be nice though..... :whistling:

I didn't mind to ride my previous, cheaper bike in the mud or through small river crossings, it was actually a lot of fun. My new bike has more expensive components (and is a dual suss, so even more stuff i don't want mud on), so I don't ride it in the mud if I can help it. Another reason not to ride in the mud is because I load the bike into my car and it can become a real mess with all the mud. Been thinking of maybe buyer a cheaper bike to play around with in the mud.

The higher priced dérailleurs generally work better, at least for me they do (X0 vs X9 etc)

I often bail out if its going to be a mud fest, no point. Not that I cant handle hard core ****, just been there, done that.

Its more a case of being spoilt for choice. If you miss a race this weekend due to bad weather, no sweat, simply do a race next weekend. 7 years ago we only had about 1 decent race a month and little or no trails to train on. If you missed a race you had to wait a long time before te next one came around.

Exactly. Next weekend we can do the MTN National Series Hilton Dirt Fest.

That makes two great events in Pmb area in two weeks.

They have the 45, 75 and 110km races.

I fail to understand the who needs better than SLX/XT/X9 logic .... I assume you okes live in tents and drive Tata's/Chery's? I buy the best that I can afford and yes I'm a 'weekend warrior' back of the packer but I don't give a rat's ring! Riding my training bike at ReV tiday

I fail to understand the who needs better than SLX/XT/X9 logic .... I assume you okes live in tents and drive Tata's/Chery's? I buy the best that I can afford and yes I'm a 'weekend warrior' back of the packer but I don't give a rat's ring! Riding my training bike at ReV tiday

You may need a phone with a better keypad... :unsure:

Ai!!! i dont care i ride anything ,i take very long rides , i jump rocks , i cross rivers & i ride in the mud olala !!! its fun.

I ride like its my last day on earth.

I have mix Xtr & Xt i never experience any problem.

Ai!!! i dont care i ride anything ,i take very long rides , i jump rocks , i cross rivers & i ride in the mud olala !!! its fun.

I ride like its my last day on earth.

I have mix Xtr & Xt i never experience any problem.

I fail to understand the who needs better than SLX/XT/X9 logic .... I assume you okes live in tents and drive Tata's/Chery's? I buy the best that I can afford and yes I'm a 'weekend warrior' back of the packer but I don't give a rat's ring!

They never recommended Tourney and Acera components so your car analogy is a little off. Do all of us drive something more standard than a Ferrari and live in something less than a castle though? I think you'll find for most the answer is yes.

I'm of the view that many get top of the range everything for cycling due to the keeping up with the Joneses mentality. My opinion. Hate it if you want.