Tour de France 2013

jcza

True.

Things are changing. Nothing is changing.

I LOVOOOVVVEEEEE CYCLING

hahah,LURVE it tooo. doping makes the riding more exciting.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget Timo pinou, or something like that, climbs like an animal and can hold he's own against the clock.

Maybe a year or 2 too early for him? Thibault Pinot (I think). French will love it!!!

Dope or no dope, EPO or no EPO etc - I can't wait. It's going to be fantastic!!!

Aye matey.....love the spectacle of the tourclap.gif

That didn't take long: Wiggo to concentrate on Giro and support Froome in TdF. (rumour)

Am I being cynical or is the route designed to prevent Wiggo TT'ing to victory?

It's very often a mountain-heavy race, so last year was an exception rather than the rule. Wiggins style suited last year, doesn't mean they have to help him out every year. A multi-year winner should be able to handle whatever they throw at him.

Am I right in thinking that Alpe d'Huez only has one road up to the summit?

How are they going to climb it twice in one stage?

Stage leaders coming down while the peloton goes up?

Surely not!

I stand corrected here.

Am I right in thinking that Alpe d'Huez only has one road up to the summit?

How are they going to climb it twice in one stage?

Stage leaders coming down while the peloton goes up?

Surely not!

I stand corrected here.

I rode it this year. there is the direct route from Boyd de Osans up and then there is a midway road the comes in from the right from the direction of Gilibier side however that would skip about a good 12 turns.

Green jersey or they must learn to climb. It wouldn't surprise me if Sagan gives it a go. Hushvod & Cancellara no chance, Kreuziger maybe.

Well thats kind of my point, the individual TT is often called the race of truth yet Cancellara who is one of the best TT's has no chance.....and he can climb btw but just not like a mountain goat on roids

I guess i'll just have to keep dreaming about a 3 week long Classic type (Paris Roubaix, Tour of Flanders, Milan San remo) type of race

Im so freekin excited about them doing the route twice im gonna pee myself. my client offered me their holiday house if they were doing the route. its on the road of Du Huez. Gonna call Laurent now to book it.

I rode it this year. there is the direct route from Boyd de Osans up and then there is a midway road the comes in from the right from the direction of Gilibier side however that would skip about a good 12 turns.

there is about 50km from the bottom of Alpe d' Huez until hey get there again so there is plenty of distance for them to do a decent loop.

France’s Maurice Garin won the first Tour de France in 1903, which ended with a mammoth 471km sixth and final stage from the western city of Nantes to Paris.

That didn't take long: Wiggo to concentrate on Giro and support Froome in TdF. (rumour)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-compares-armstrong-to-father-christmas

The Giro has 3 TT's totalling 88km (albeit one is an uphill TT) while the Tour has one 33km TT. It makes sense from that perspective, but the Tour is usually a lot tougher that the Tour so we'll see how that works out for him. Excited to see Froomedog taking to the likes of Contador and Schleck. Andy could actually be in with a shout with such a short TT, though the Tour is Contador's to lose.

Horses for courses.

Sky wants to take as many wins as possible and dominate the sport. This strategic objective surpasses Wiggo's defense of yellow.

Sky's seriously ambitious.

WOWZERS - twice up Alp d'huez in one day!

The worst kept secret in cycling for the last couple of months.

Actually the double climb of the Alpe is the only thing everyone has been confident about in terms of the route announcement, and that's because the backside of the mountain - the Col de Sarenne - has not been raced in modern times due to its very bad road surface (pic below). There has been a lot of frenetic resurfacing of that pass at the moment so that it will be fully tarred by race day.

post-22004-0-55928700-1351143497_thumb.jpg