Thoughts on Microsoft Windows 8 Operating System

Wayne Booysen

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just upgraded from XP to Win 7. Wont be going to Win 8 for a few more years!

With 3 office PC's its getting expensive now!

I got a sms from Macro saying I can pre book Windows 8 it and it made me wonder how special it could be when Macro offers a special on it even before the launch.ph34r.png

I have been using it since RTM came out a couple months ago. I had some teething problems initially but I have enjoyed it since then. The lack of a start bar is a bit weird in the beginning but you get used to it.

Thats instore, you can buy online from M$ for about R350

I assume thats if you are upgrading from Win 7? Can you go straight from XP to Win 8 or does the HDD get a full format?

I assume thats if you are upgrading from Win 7? Can you go straight from XP to Win 8 or does the HDD get a full format?

I think your HDD does get formated. A M$ upgrade often requires a clean install

Microsoft Switz had a huge display screen showing 8 in use this morning at Zurich main station. Also had a lot of devices on display with microsoft staff hanging around to explain ect... Seems like MS are taking this luanch quite serious....

Sorri for the blurred photo...iph camera :-)

post-182-0-29152300-1351236532_thumb.jpg