weekly tss score

fandacious

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

500-750 a week, very closely related to tits. Not meaning to derail, but does anyone use MAP to estimate FTP?

Edited by yazzo

OK, so it is official.. I am a mere pretender

Week Endng TSS

2012/11/11 321

2012/11/04 315

2012/10/28 314

2012/10/21 328

2012/10/14 544

Monthly stats

Month TSS

Nov : 578

Oct :2242

Sep :2201

Aug : 996

Jul :1118

Jun : 417

May : 210

Edited by robox

• 10 months later...

Anybody else want to share?

shees this year has been terrible. I keep getting sick. I had 2 weeks of over 1200 tss, but the rest of the time its only been a paltry 400 or so. I'm going to *** off @w2w

just looking with the eye it seems to be around 0.850 / ride

Your FTP is wrong or you racing every time you ride your bike. .850 / ride is not correct. Have you got rides of .9 or 1? If so, change your FTP. Your readings are false.

shees this year has been terrible. I keep getting sick. I had 2 weeks of over 1200 tss, but the rest of the time its only been a paltry 400 or so. I'm going to *** off @w2w

roughly how many hours give you that 400/week??? At what sort of intensity? I know it will differ day to day.

roughly how many hours give you that 400/week??? At what sort of intensity? I know it will differ day to day.

I don't always train with the power meter, so weekly TSS scores are misleading, but I normally average about 130 - 170 in a 1hr 35 min odd ride with 550m of climb.

How can I see/calculate my TSS for a particular workout using the Powercal?

You need an ACCURATE FTP measure first - not sure how you go about doing that test with a Powercal though.. but you can definitely do it - because you can use heart rate as a measure to reflect Normalised Power (NP) but that still assumes you know your HR at defined power levels - the powercal is built around that concept that HR relates to power produced.

By definition a TSS score of 100 is the same as 1 hour at FTP - so 1.5 hours at FTP would give you a TSS of 150, and half an hour at FTP a score of 50 - similarly - 1 hour at 50 % of FTP gives you a score of 50, and 2 hours at 50% of FTP gives a score of 100.

Get the FTP wrong and TSS is out by the same factor that FTP is out.

You need an ACCURATE FTP measure first - not sure how you go about doing that test with a Powercal though.. but you can definitely do it - because you can use heart rate as a measure to reflect Normalised Power (NP) but that still assumes you know your HR at defined power levels - the powercal is built around that concept that HR relates to power produced.

By definition a TSS score of 100 is the same as 1 hour at FTP - so 1.5 hours at FTP would give you a TSS of 150, and half an hour at FTP a score of 50 - similarly - 1 hour at 50 % of FTP gives you a score of 50, and 2 hours at 50% of FTP gives a score of 100.

If you have WKO+ and a Powercal do a 20min all out effort and upload the file. Play with the ftp setting and if you return a score of 35 tss your ftp for the powercal is basically correct but will be different if you have any proper power meter.

Powercals return incorrect values though due to heart rate spikes and that increases your power spikes so unless you clean up the file and remove the huge spikes the scores are wrong.

I don't always train with the power meter, so weekly TSS scores are misleading, but I normally average about 130 - 170 in a 1hr 35 min odd ride with 550m of climb.

How hard are you riding during this ride? Reason I ask is that is you hammer it the score is more, if you cruise it the score is less so to return that score for every ride of that "route" would be incorrect. You can return a score of 80 for that aswell.

Correct. But you shouldn't be scoring more than 100TSS in an hour, especially during training. If you are getting more than 100TSS per hour, your FTP is set too low, which means it wasn't setup/tested correctly from the start or your ftp has gone up and you need to test to see what your new(higher) FTP is.

For my MTB sessions I use hrTSS, to incorporate it into my PMC chart, with most of my training on my roadbike. According to my findings/reading hrTSS is quite accurate with steady sessions but the hrTSS scores are quite inflated looking at interval sessions. hrTSS are based around your threshold heartrate tempo. Which you also need to test. I am using Training Peaks to get the hrTSS values, and then do a manual entry into Golden Cheetah.

Edited by Dubber88