Which mtb pedal to buy?

Jaco-fiets

Btw, I have about 3 pairs of XT pedals all in good condition. PM me if your are interested. I run Crank and Time.

What year are the pedals?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time are bullet proof. Truly. No questions. Expensive but bullet proof.

I only ride Time pedals on my roadbike. Have never tried the MTB pedals though

XT's for the win

yeah, my beaters lasted about 3 yrs and went back to xt. Still have a perfectly good pair of xt's lurking about that are about 8 yrs old - they act as an "in case" spare

Edited by Stretch

Look look look, oh ja or look

Never ever worry about too much mud, or adjustment, or anything just clip in....

The width of the pedal gives you so much weight distribution your feet will never go numb,,it's the only pedal you will want after you got a set,,even if I got sponsored pedals I would not change,my local bike shop does not even ask anymore. They are that trouble free.

Not a racing snake but I've had various Shimano SPD's over the years, no problems (or maintenance), handles mud well.

Although recently my one XTR popped a spring at a Voriberg (prob. due to hitting a rock), but it was easy enough to fix once I got the pedal off back at base.

In the market for another set of XTRs. Only wish/winge is they would make the spring plate out of Stainless Steel or Ti so that it would be rust-proof. At the price of XTR pedals is should be Ti.

It appears as if we are deadlocked here. At least he can buy any one of his choices and should be safe. Will be interesting to see the eventual choice

Look look look, oh ja or look

Never ever worry about too much mud, or adjustment, or anything just clip in....

The width of the pedal gives you so much weight distribution your feet will never go numb,,it's the only pedal you will want after you got a set,,even if I got sponsored pedals I would not change,my local bike shop does not even ask anymore. They are that trouble free.

Which Look pedals do you have? Would you say the extra R500 for the quartz carbon over the normal quartz is worthwhile?

It appears as if we are deadlocked here. At least he can buy any one of his choices and should be safe. Will be interesting to see the eventual choice

Yes! I am more confused now than before i posted the qustionmellow.png

Went onto the Look website now and it seems they have a totally new mtb pedal range now. Are thse available locally?

Only componant i have never had a problem with are Shimano SPD XT pedals .The look could work also ,but i have used 6 sets of spd,s in 10 years on different bikes problem free

Which Look pedals do you have? Would you say the extra R500 for the quartz carbon over the normal quartz is worthwhile?

I got a couple of sets for my bikes most are carbon honestly slight weight advantage not the type of advantage you would pick up, so no

Time Atac.

Bullet proof - even I could not destroy them completely :)

Easy to clip in and out of - Stays cleated when needed

Been through a couple of Sabie Mud fests and never had problems

Generous float to save your knees