Two Cyclists Down in the Cradle

-Az-

@alimclean: Cradle riders hit by drunk, r in krugersdorp hosp, Frikkie Erasmus has broken pelvis, Leroy Kapp has broken neck, surgery now, shocking!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why then post on your feed, fatally injured?

This does not detract from the seriousness of the event, but come on man, get your fact correct.

These "accidents" on our roads involving cyclists are becoming out of hand, what is going on? People riding worse? More cyclists on the road? How can we protect ourselves? This is further proof to me to stay on the trail.

I do the black stuff once or twice argus,94.7 this year I done one extra race for victory to try get better starting times. Road the poor guys are getting taken out by idiots who drive like total asses and they getting bike jacked and guys are getting jacked off road!!! Something has to be done,

Between the bike jacking threads and the threads about guys getting hit by cars it's becoming a weekly post on the hub,

I hope for speedy recovery for the fellow cyclist, and justice for the BOX who was driving pissed !!!

@alimclean: Cradle riders hit by drunk, r in krugersdorp hosp, Frikkie Erasmus has broken pelvis, Leroy Kapp has broken neck, surgery now, shocking!!!

Terribly sad, happening too often. Prayers and thoughts to the guys injured that they can make a good recovery even from such bad injuries.

Why then post on your feed, fatally injured?

This does not detract from the seriousness of the event, but come on man, get your fact correct.

These "accidents" on our roads involving cyclists are becoming out of hand, what is going on? People riding worse? More cyclists on the road? How can we protect ourselves? This is further proof to me to stay on the trail.

Andrew just mis-used the word fatally - i also got a fright when I read that yesterday. he meant seriously.

Strongs to the injured.

sad but we must think for drivers too

Even when the driver is drunk and mows down guys out to enjoy a ride? Seriously?

Sorry, but how do you think for a drunk guy? I know what you mean Pieterg, I'm not taking issue with your comment, but I've had enough of this drunk driving b*s. Drunk driving has become culturally acceptable, so far as I can see. Companies like SABMiller are literally making a killing out of people drinking more than is good for them or anyone else.

I've stood in the road with a cop and his van at my side, with a guy mount the pavement in front of us cos he was so slaughtered he couldn't drive straight. And I had that conversation with the cop, you know the one, please do something or what happens if this driver has an accident or kills someone, and cop did nothing...

We have these guys up the road from us and we can get NOBODY to do anything constructive about them. Last weekend they partied until 5am, drove off to wherever and were back round the neighbourhood at 10am. That's my cycling time and it struck me one of them could easily wipe me out - or someone else. And I'm thinking if one of them did take out a cyclist, I'd feel responsible because I can see it coming...

If you can't do anything to catch it before it happens, what do you do? Think for the drunk drivers out there and hide in your house?

Does anyone know of an accident that happened yesterday where a cyclist was hit by a drunk driver on Kromdraai, The Cradle?

Please share with me the information.

I hope I am not wrong but I think pieterg is saying , we need to do the thinking for the drivers cause they keep taking us out!!! (ie they idiots/drunks)

Then I agree

If pieterg means shame poor drunk BOX who nearly killed 2fellow cyclists then no can do on that one

Thanks guys for the posts. Frik Erasmus is a very close friend of mine. I wish him and Leroy Kapp both well with the recovery from this horrible accident. Whilst we can take the utmost of care when we do our rides, we cannot anticipate that some drunken idiot will hit us.

Should SAPS apprehend the driver, we should stand together and ensure that he is dealt with according to the full might of the law. The moonlight mass should be turned into a sunlight mass and we should organise a protest along the lines of a Cosatu e-toll march. with our bikes one morning.

I would be willing to take a lead here in Cape Town. Let's speak to PPA and see what we can do.