What sunglasses? Old ones were a pain in the neck.

Kanga

So I kept getting a sore neck when cycling.

Turns out my el cheapo sunglasses were the problem, I had to strain to see under the frame of the glasses hence neckpain.

so now cycling without any glasses problem gone.

What glasses should I look at what works for you good people

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with my Rudy Projects. Photo chromatic lenses are excellent for both day and night rides. Very comfortable and I often forget I'm wearing them.

+1. Well worth the money!

Thanks so far guys, are their sizes or is it one size fits all.

How easily do they scratch?

Mine is holding up really well. Lots of wet and muddy rides and crude cleaning techniques. No scratches at all.

One size fits all. Try on a pair at a local retailer and then see if ASG has an auction for the model. Bought both pairs of Rydons this way. Saves about 50%

Surprised nobody's mentioned Oakley. More lens options,more frame sizes,more frame options

Surprised nobody's mentioned Oakley. More lens options,more frame sizes,more frame options

+1 Rudy is excellent value for money, but nothing beats the fit of Oakley Radars

Oakley Radarlock with vented lenses. You might be able to get the older Radars cheaper as new Lock edition more expensive.

Thanks so far guys, are their sizes or is it one size fits all.

How easily do they scratch?

Easily :(

My Rudy Projects (ImpactX lenses) fell 40cm off my bed onto the floor the other day and got a 3cm scratch. Compare this to the normal Rudy Project lenses I had in my old Rudy Projects that scratched just as easily.

The big factor though that makes it worthwhile is it's guaranteed never to break (for MTB'ing this is probably a must).

I am an Oakley fan of note.

But it's been a long time since I bought expensive name brand specs for riding. I don't see the point at all. My Oakleys are important to me - they will not go anywhere near a bike.

A while back I started buying safety specs - the ones used in construction/factories, etc. There are good ones for about R50 at cost from the distributor. The ones I like (e.g. below) are max R200.

And I only need the clear lenses (and no dark rim along the top to obscure vision). Going through deep forest into bright light, etc, I prefer plain clear lenses. Photochromic lenses are a seriously expensive over-kill.

I've even bought the cheap ones that you can get for about R20 each. You can then just treat them almost as disposable shades. A scratch happens on a lens - just throw it away and pull another one out of the cupboard.

And before you think they're a danger to your eyes - they're safety glasses, they're specifically designed for this stuff.

These are what I use. Perfect for my needs.

post-22004-0-97897500-1355082292_thumb.jpg