Cyclists are rude!

Clinton1

I always try greet all other cyclists & runners on the roads, pavements and trails. Generally get muted responses from roadies in packs and no0bs who unaware of the protocol

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this thread proves it I reckon. Many cyclists are apparently rude, stuck up, "I'm so much better than you" snobs.

To those who are, I can only hope your life isn't as miserable as it appears when I see you out on the road. You'll still get a greeting from me but I now expect your miserable silence in response.

For those that aren't, good on you and I look forward to greeting you on the road.

Let me know where you plan on riding next. I'll make an effort to do the same route and say hi.

I have to control this animal between my legs noticing the terrain and keeping the rubber down.

I also have an animal between my legs...

Well this thread proves it I reckon. Many cyclists are apparently rude, stuck up, "I'm so much better than you" snobs.

I don't think you can statistically "prove" that point, because both your sample size is too small and your sample is not a good representation of the whole cycling population.

Don't worry, man. Just do your thing as long as it means no harm. Remember, everybody's different and might not have the same opinions and/or expectations than you.

Some people are rude - Cyclist are people - thus some cyclist are rude!

Some people are inconsiderate ( take a look at the 10 items or less Q at P'nP today or any other day) - Motorist are people - thus some motorist are inconsiderate!

welcome to Hermanus! come say high when you pop into P&P... my clothing shop is there

Will do, which shop? Got some time now that my bike is in for repairs - no riding till the 27 th!

They are, for the must part.

But again, the degree of rudeness, and ease with which it makes an appearance, is probably a reflection of the general demeanor of the said individual. Maybe cycling just attracts more naturally rude individuals for some reason.

How about a tongue in cheek reply to a tongue in cheek post ? Or is delivering a sermon your thing?

Edited by Blokman

Some people are rude - Cyclist are people - thus some cyclist are rude!

Some people are inconsiderate ( take a look at the 10 items or less Q at P'nP today or any other day) - Motorist are people - thus some motorist are inconsiderate!

+4

Just saw a Jeep and a Yaris fighting over a parking spot.

:-D

That is such an unfair fight. The Yaris from Japan surely knows karate. That Jeep gonna get his ass kicked

Will do, which shop? Got some time now that my bike is in for repairs - no riding till the 27 th!

Grandeur Clothing , right at the entrance parking lot side

That is such an unfair fight. The Yaris from Japan surely knows karate. That Jeep gonna get his ass kicked

:-D