A hole raxi and his cronies tried to seriously hurt us

Active Monkey

My boet and me where on our MtB's cycling up hendrik potgieter when a taxi full of people drinking and singing drove next to us. We where in yellow lane, close to clear water. We cycle on the grass and ground and only went on tar when no other way.

With out any reason we got thrown with a empty glass bottle ( looked like savana) it missed us and they drove on.

We caught up with them at the traffic light by mc donalds and saw every one was drinking and pointing at us laughing.

They where just to many so i told my boet to let it go.

Good thing you did not retaliate by throwing your water bottle at them ph34r.png

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tombeej,

I like what you say. Will be buying a can this morning!!!! I would aim for the driver - he should be in control of clients.

Regards

Sarge

Sounds like you want to use it in a retaliatory way? Surely these things should be used to preserve your life / prevent an incident?

Ever heard of violence begets violence? Or in the most extreme case of MAD?

I was hijacked and believe me if I had tried to use pepper spray site I 3would be dead now. It is useless unless it is actually in your hand, you have an escape route .... and you know what they are going to do.

It happens too fast to fumble for something.

I rode past someone and they grabbed me.... must I pepper spray everyone before I ride past them?

I agree that in many instances (esp. a highjacking) pepper spray would not work at all. Definitely.

But there are times when you are happy you have it to defend yourself. Those times when you've nearly been run off the road by a maniac, then you face a very threatening situation with an individual (or 2-person tag team) who wants to put your lights out. In that situation, when you are defending yourself, then I cannot think of a better weapon than pepper spray.

Make no mistake, a single shot in the face will drop the biggest, toughest, baddest 300-pound gorilla instantly. It finishes things immediately.

I carry the long thin spray version. Have done so since I started riding. The guy at the shop suggested that instead of the mist version because he said that if there was a bit of wind it would possibly come back on you and give you a bit of a mouth full.

DISCLAIMER: I don't advocate going around pepper spraying people whenever you feel like it! I carry my Swat can only for emergencies and when my life has been put in danger (and I would put a bottle thrown at me from a moving vehicle in that category). I've only ever had to use my pepper spray once in the 4 years I've had them. See it as a very dangerous weapon, it's not a toy.

I never leave home without it

Good thing you did not retaliate by throwing your water bottle at them ph34r.png

Lol its a camelback and 180 so no too expensive..

It's a shame HP is so dodgy. We could ride from our house to the Cradle along it but it's just to damn dangerous because, amongst other things, the taxis consider the hard shoulder to be their right of way :-(

My buddy had to take to the gutter on Saturday with his road bike as a truck came bearing down on him from behind. As he came into town, the traffic cops had pulled him over and when my buddy confronted the driver, he was told by the driver that he has no right on the road and the next time the truck will take him out. The attitude on our roads are getting worse and worse.

I agree that in many instances (esp. a highjacking) pepper spray would not work at all. Definitely.

But there are times when you are happy you have it to defend yourself. Those times when you've nearly been run off the road by a maniac, then you face a very threatening situation with an individual (or 2-person tag team) who wants to put your lights out. In that situation, when you are defending yourself, then I cannot think of a better weapon than pepper spray.

Make no mistake, a single shot in the face will drop the biggest, toughest, baddest 300-pound gorilla instantly. It finishes things immediately.

I agree 100% but not carry it myself, I carry 2 stun guns, 1 wand that dispenses 3500000 volts and a pistol that fires 2 shots 5m dispensing 2000000 volts,

Electricity is a language every person understands!!!!

i suggest you try and use it before actually needing it.

I was in a road rage incident a few years back, the guy was out of his car and about to punch me through my open window.

Now I always had a large can of SWAT with me. The jet spray like yours.

I emptied half the can into his face before he even reacted to it. He then manage to grab it out my hand and tried to use it on me. Thankfully he did not know about the safety trigger.

He still walked back to his car perfectly fine. Although as I drove off I could see how red his face was and him trying to rub his eyes.

When I got home I went for a pee. Beeeeeg mistake, I had somehow gotten some on my hands. Veet is nothing compared to pepper spray.

Even my wife who was in the passenger seat and never got near the stuff had some on her.

So please don't think this stuff will drop a perp to his knees in an instant.

i suggest you try and use it before actually needing it.

I was in a road rage incident a few years back, the guy was out of his car and about to punch me through my open window.

Now I always had a large can of SWAT with me. The jet spray like yours.

I emptied half the can into his face before he even reacted to it. He then manage to grab it out my hand and tried to use it on me. Thankfully he did not know about the safety trigger.

He still walked back to his car perfectly fine. Although as I drove off I could see how red his face was and him trying to rub his eyes.

When I got home I went for a pee. Beeeeeg mistake, I had somehow gotten some on my hands. Veet is nothing compared to pepper spray.

Even my wife who was in the passenger seat and never got near the stuff had some on her.

So please don't think this stuff will drop a perp to his knees in an instant.

Hectic story. I was always under the impression that the only people who could take a blast of pepper spray were folks who had been trained to deal with it (law enforcement, military, etc.).

First time I bought a can of pepper spray I arrived home in the evening and decided to spray at the outside wall of my house to see what happened. The pepper spray actually stripped the paint off the wall where it hit. About 5 min later I went inside and to the bathroom for a pee. Some molecules of the pepper spray must have drifted in on the breeze because I started coughing uncontrollably and had to get out.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've only had to use it once in the past and the result was pretty decisive. Dropped the guy instantly.

I know that pepper spray cans definitely have expiry dates and lose effectiveness over time, esp. if kept in the car (e.g. on hot days).

Anyway, thanks for the story. Will keep it in mind.

Both pepperspray and stunguns are no match for extreme madness (or, for that matter, good training) I had a mate a long time ago that would taze himself for fun.

I remember a few years back when I got my can of direct stream spray I wanted to see how far it squirts so I had a bit of a play in the garden with it.

I then saw some leaves in my pool and thought id take them out, I built up a bit of an overall sweat in the heat, went inside, got a beer and then went for a pee....

Take the meneer out, do what I need to do, pack him away and head back outside to the pool. Well, lord have mercy thats when all hell broke loose, I thought my tottie was on fire!! I didnt realise I had the stuff on my hands and then handled my bits.

I ran back inside pressing against my crotch, I thought I was dying, tears coming out my eyes!!

I started running the bath and lay in it on my stomach, NOTHING!!! Still felt like my tottie was a landtern, burning away to its end.

I shampood him, I conditioned him.... NOTHING worked, I had to suffer it out blink.png

Lesson learnt, always was your hands before you pee if you play with peppery stuff

Lesson learnt, always was your hands before you pee if you play with peppery stuff

Helped a friend on his dad's farm to stack some empty bags. His dad farmed all kind of condiments, ginger, garlic....and of course, chilli peppers. Made the same mistake, peed after wards, but I also rubbed my eyes and scratched my nose. I was incredibly uncomfortable for few hours. We did spend the arvo in the pool, which helped wash away some of the painwacko.png