RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm angry. Now we really need to make a statement - let Burry's death not fade in our memories. Can we not organise a national Critical Mass - a massive Critical Mass - with every single cyclist taking the road to say "THIS MUST STOP!"?

Just heard on e-tv. Hit and run..... RIP Burry. Condolences to Cherise, his parents, Andre and Ingrid.

Saw this on FB

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc7/373072_112669385422152_1979476281_q.jpg

KZN MOUNTAIN BIKING ·

•  

We cannot express our outrage adequately regarding the untimely and unnecessary death of Burry Stander, apparently hit by a taxi (to be confirmed) about an hour ago, while riding with his wife Cherise. Our deepest sympathies and prayers go to the Burry's wonderful and close-knit family. This will be the most difficult time they have ever faced and all we can do is pray that they are able to cope with such a loss. Burry was loved and respected by tens of thousands of people all over the world and they will feel the pain of the family. Burry we loved you in life and we will always love the legacy that you have left us in South Africa. You have been our finest mountain biker ever and one of the best in the world. May you Rest in Peace

And he's wife witnessed it... lump in throat and hole in stomach

In Shelly Beach at the moment, nobody seems to know anything about this.

Does anyone know where this incident occurred?

Will pop past his shop to find out more.