Guinea Fowl Attack in Groenkloof

Marc_21

Hello hubbers! smile.png
I know that I will proberbly be mocked by you all as much as my friends have mocked me...
I was cycling in the game section of the Nature reserve and as I went onto on of the single trails i decided to try and wear in my front break (which is screaching like anything) on a downhill, as I was getting to the bottom I saw two guinea fowls in the middle of the track so i slowed down not to hit them, when I got to about a meter away, the one opened its wings out and decided to go mad! lol I was so shocked I stopped and thought it would just go past me, but it came straight for my chest and then went down and then again for my side, as soon as that happeded the other one got brave as well and started to open up its wings and make its little noise! At that point I decided to take off, and as i cycled away one of the buggers climbed onto my back! lol

I just wanted to share this little story of mine and find out it it has happened to anyone else before!
Wow I wish that i had a GoPro tongue.png

Edited by Marc_21

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello hubbers! smile.png

I know that I will proberbly be mocked by you all as much as my friends have mocked me...

I was cycling in the game section of the Nature reserve and as I went onto on of the single trails i decided to try and wear in my front break (which is screaching like anything) on a downhill, as I was getting to the bottom I saw two guinea fowls in the middle of the track so i slowed down not to hit them, when I got to about a meter away, the one opened its wings out and decided to mad! lol I was so shocked I stopped and thought it would just go past me, but it came straight for my chest and then went down and then again for my side, as soon as that happeded the other one go brave as well and started to open up its wings and make its little noise! At that point I decided to take off, and as i cycled away one of the buggers climbed onto my back! lol

I just wanted to share this little story of mine and find out it it has happened to anyone else before!

Wow I wish that i had a GoPro tongue.png

rofl thanks for making my Monday. Hope you don't have any serious injuries. devil.gif

Yes we will mock you.. What actually happens when a guinea fowl decides to mad? How did it make a difference???

cool.....

There used to be a hawk or buzzard in the lower sections of Lebanon that had a nest and dive bombed all who dared to pass

Happened to me going down the Dual Slalom. Came around a burm going at speed and had to slam on brakes to avoid the chicks and then the mom started coming for me. Very quickly go going again, luckily it was downhill so got my speed fast. I did however scream like a real girl which was embarassing as there were some people watching.

Has happened to me too... I was running and she came for my shins, beak first... Then I noticed her chicks on the other side of me... Everybody always laughs at me when I tell the story so I feel your pain man.

LOL Thanks for the replies guys! I thought that there must have been chicks near by! But to be honest I didnt stay around to have a look! To be honest I'm just glad that I uncleated in time :P Apart from a few scratches on my arms i made it out in one piece :P lol

what did you break?

or were you wearing in your brakes?

i must admit i chuckled a bit thinking about crazy guinea fowls attacking someone on a bike tongue.png top story that

Edited by geecee

Me! In Majik Forest. On the ST near the beacon at around 6am. She attached herself to my helmet. My friend behind me had a good laugh. Oh for a Gopro that day.

Those space chickens can get crazy.

I know of many roadies who spilled because of getting one under their front wheel.