Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Yeah. You forgot to mention they weigh the same as a JCB

Fug it, still fun and they are not that bad, we are not riding marathons on these bikes(especially with the tractor tyres most people ride), suppose if you plan on going pro drop the Morewood...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Cracked ribs aren't fun. They're "healed" but I'm going to go on whether they're strong enough to do it. If not, I may just ride it for the sake of it and fark the times.... DH needs the numbers. 

Myles, go ride your damn bike. Havent seen any Strava events lately. I have fooked my ribs up several times. I ride again in a week. Whats a little pain...:-)

Myles, go ride your damn bike. Havent seen any Strava events lately. I have fooked my ribs up several times. I ride again in a week. Whats a little pain...:-)

And you? There's an Enduro class......

I'm getting to that point. Also been away in Durban for Christmas... But yeah. Back in the saddle this weekend 

Just when I thought I had suppressed my "N+1" desires (symptoms would be a better description), I happened upon this:

2016 YT Capra AL

http://www.yt-industries.com/engine/Shopware/Plugins/Community/Frontend/Diw360Slider/Views/frontend/_resources/360slider/360img/komplett/2016180.1/small/27.jpg

And for only 2,299EUR. Cheap as chips, if you're in Europe. 

Edited by Odinson

Just when I thought I had suppressed my "N+1" desires (symptoms would be a better description), I happened upon this:

2016 YT Capra AL

http://www.yt-industries.com/engine/Shopware/Plugins/Community/Frontend/Diw360Slider/Views/frontend/_resources/360slider/360img/komplett/2016180.1/small/27.jpg

hey look its a nukeproof mega!

2016 YT Capra AL

Nice, the Carbon version looks amazing, but is very expensive. The Alu version is a pretty nice deal.

Norco, Pivot, YT all seem to be good choices for this price range.

Nice, the Carbon version looks amazing, but is very expensive. The Alu version is a pretty nice deal.

Norco, Pivot, YT all seem to be good choices for this price range.

The Rand is making that Carbon one expensive.... the diff in jut R3/Euro is R10800....

So at the 'normal' euro to rand value of R15/euro it would have been only R54k-ish which is cheap for a bike of THAT caliber, but unfortunately we are sitting at the R18+/euro lately.....WHICH I THINK IS JUST NUTS!  :cursing:

I really, really want this Canyon Spectral...

And its only the middle of the range...

attachicon.gif3cfd360b7a4af8cc441fb0fb94aa3.jpg

A man after my own heart. 

I've been salivating over that exact model for a good couple of weeks now. I'd take one in the candy red.

It's also running a 150mm Pike, as opposed to the usual 140mm of the Spectral range.

That glossy candy/apple red also looks fantastic!

Yeah, the EX models have got the slightly longer travel option, but also GX drive train and Guide brakes, instead of the Shimano kit.

Canyon have just opened a Aus & NZ office for customer support (its like they knew I was moving back!). Not sure if they have plans to do so in SA as well.