Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Hi MTB

I see you like the UD finish,

do you have a UD finished bike,

do you maybe have a 3K finish bike also,

would love to look at the 2 side by side.

G

Yup, my Highball is UD gloss. Unfortunately no 3K bike in the stable, and I sold the 12K road bike I had. There aren't too many recent model name brand carbon bikes that are coming out in 3 or 12K these days. Its either UD or a completely painted frame. In my own opinion, the weaved frames look a bit 'old fashioned', and thus my preference for UD. I also find the 3K weave has been mimicked to death in faux carbon finishes on dashboards and motorcycle plastics etc etc. Again, just my personal opinion.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MTB

Thanks, and appreciate the view, it is tog what I asked for.. Your opponion

Might wanna pop in and have a look in the new year if you don't mind

G

Yup, my Highball is UD gloss. Unfortunately no 3K bike in the stable, and I sold the 12K road bike I had. There aren't too many recent model name brand carbon bikes that are coming out in 3 or 12K these days. Its either UD or a completely painted frame. In my own opinion, the weaved frames look a bit 'old fashioned', and thus my preference for UD. I also find the 3K weave has been mimicked to death in faux carbon finishes on dashboards and motorcycle plastics etc etc. Again, just my personal opinion.

Hi MTB

Thanks, and appreciate the view, it is tog what I asked for.. Your opponion

Might wanna pop in and have a look in the new year if you don't mind

G

Sure thing... Or let me know when you're riding Thaba or Rietvlei. The UD really comes alive in the sun...

If I could choose a finish again I would go with UD gloss, the UD matt is bitch to keep clean...like a magnet for dust. Its not a biggie since its a mountain bike afterall....just saying

Sure

Shounds like a plan, will still be new year though, we're of to lekker by the sea side at lunch :)

What's your and the misses plans?

G

Sure thing... Or let me know when you're riding Thaba or Rietvlei. The UD really comes alive in the sun...

Anyone doing an order to chinatown?

I need a road fork....please pm if you do, prepared to share some of the shipping

I have hongfu FM015

Size 53 actual top tube

3k matt

Please dont burn me for putting it in this thread.

I just thought it would be of more interest with people that have crossed over already

For Sale

Cheers

Dion

post-10622-0-69082400-1388134407_thumb.jpg

I need a road fork....please pm if you do, prepared to share some of the shipping

pls let me know if you get any takers I would like to order a spare Rear Derailiuer hanger from flyxii if that's where you are ordering from, thanks.

Hey Rouxtjie, i'm going to be doing an order from Carbonality at the end of Jan if you willing to wait until then?

Anybody else want in on a group order from them?

Excited to start my sub 10kg build! :D

EDIT: sub 10kg 29er I mean obviously...

Edited by lucmccann

I have hongfu FM015 Size 53 actual top tube 3k matt Please dont burn me for putting it in this thread. I just thought it would be of more interest with people that have crossed over already For Sale Cheers Dion
BB type? Weight? How much you want for it? Come on Didi, the boys like the details of the toys ;)

What he said

Hi guys

Looking at doing an order from Hong-fu end Jan/Feb.

Plan is:

FM057 which is 142-12 Through Axle

UD Gloss

BSA

Will also get a bar and stem

if anyone want to join to make it a bigger order then let me know,

RyanPMB already indicated he is also keen.

G