Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

so, its finally complete.

my Chinese Carbon Beauty is done!

wheels have arrived, and today was their first outing, and the frames first relatively long test ride. and wow. its incredible. frame is lovely, its stiff on climbs and sprints, but is super smooth and comfy. wheels are awesome. some slight flex under my heavy weight (100kgs), but performed incredibly well. braking surface is sharp and responsive, and the hubs feel so smooth! and of course, they make it look badass!

a bit more on the wheels:

i bought a 60mm set and a 38mm set. both came with novatec hubs, and in matt UD finish. basalt braking surface, and a set of cork pads for each wheelset. the skewers are quite nice as well! they ride well, and true out the box, and tension from the factory seems on par. the finish and build quality is excellent, as with the frame, and fitting tyres was super simple, even with the gatorskins on the 38 set. both wheelsets have the exact same rim profile as the Zipps, just without the dimples. the LBS compared the two and were amazed at the quality! so an equivalent set of 404s and 303s.

while not light by a long shot, 1700g for each set, weight wasn't my main objective, as i am heavy and need a strong wheelset, instead of a light one that i need to true every week.

the first ride with the 60s was great, and i'm thoroughly chuffed with the look, feel, and especially, price of the bike, as it stands.

I - cycle had no problems insuring both frame and wheels, so not too bothered about warantees. they're so well built i doubt id need to use it anyway.

bike will remain blank for now, until i can sort out decals. wheels will forever be blank!

enjoy the pics boys! was F****** freezing when i took them this morning so may have been a little shaky!

post-43682-0-12007100-1402140271_thumb.jpg

post-43682-0-03231900-1402140284_thumb.jpg

post-43682-0-21891700-1402140301_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, its finally complete.

my Chinese Carbon Beauty is done!

wheels have arrived, and today was their first outing, and the frames first relatively long test ride. and wow. its incredible. frame is lovely, its stiff on climbs and sprints, but is super smooth and comfy. wheels are awesome. some slight flex under my heavy weight (100kgs), but performed incredibly well. braking surface is sharp and responsive, and the hubs feel so smooth! and of course, they make it look badass!

a bit more on the wheels:

i bought a 60mm set and a 38mm set. both came with novatec hubs, and in matt UD finish. basalt braking surface, and a set of cork pads for each wheelset. the skewers are quite nice as well! they ride well, and true out the box, and tension from the factory seems on par. the finish and build quality is excellent, as with the frame, and fitting tyres was super simple, even with the gatorskins on the 38 set. both wheelsets have the exact same rim profile as the Zipps, just without the dimples. the LBS compared the two and were amazed at the quality! so an equivalent set of 404s and 303s.

while not light by a long shot, 1700g for each set, weight wasn't my main objective, as i am heavy and need a strong wheelset, instead of a light one that i need to true every week.

the first ride with the 60s was great, and i'm thoroughly chuffed with the look, feel, and especially, price of the bike, as it stands.

I - cycle had no problems insuring both frame and wheels, so not too bothered about warantees. they're so well built i doubt id need to use it anyway.

bike will remain blank for now, until i can sort out decals. wheels will forever be blank!

enjoy the pics boys! was F****** freezing when i took them this morning so may have been a little shaky!

where did you get the frame and wheels from??

just bought this pritty lady... Frame and fork... Must go fetch at post office tomorrow. will post actual picture then.

I would assume that as this is under Chinese Carbon it is a Chinago :thumbup: .

If so where did you get the frame - oem-carbon?

Very nice

I would assume that as this is under Chinese Carbon it is a Chinago :thumbup: .

If so where did you get the frame - oem-carbon?

Very nice

Thanks man ... After collecting it on Saturday morning, i am very happy with it, its super light and finishing is very impressive...

Yeah - Chinago

I bought it from Feel bike

http://feelbicycle.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-221209599/Colnago_Road_Frame.html

Now to start builing it up.

Planning on putting Camapag Athena 11 speed on it .

Edited by Duimpies

Talking about pricing.... should one bargain with the seller, or are they pretty much stuck on the prices they offer you? This is a general question, I'd appreciate your experiences with the various stores.

Talking about pricing.... should one bargain with the seller, or are they pretty much stuck on the prices they offer you? This is a general question, I'd appreciate your experiences with the various stores.

They wont budge!

Unless you buying bulk... Especially if its the first time you buying from them.

My first purchase, a single frame, was non negotiable.

my second, two Wheelsets, we're discounted a whopping 40 dollars.

So ask. The worst they can say is no.

I DID IT!!!! and I will do it again, and again and again. The whole process is Easier than wiping your own arse and damn, shes BEAUTIFUL!

post-35789-0-98943300-1403206747_thumb.jpg

Got dispatched last Monday and she was in Jozi on Tuesday night.. 8 DAYSand she was in SA. Box was in perfect condition and frame wraped up nice and tight and everything is intact, I order 2 derailleur hangers and actually found one already fitted now I've got2 extra, hehehehehehe.

Just had her on the scale 1336g for the 19" FR216 from Flyxii. The UD gloss finish is a great choice

post-35789-0-32152000-1403206950_thumb.jpg

and to top things off Superstar have dispatched my NW chainrings today aswell, I'm super stoked.

Ive got one Huge problem though.... IM ITCHING TO STRIP MY CURRENT BIKE TO COMPLETE THIS BEAUT BEFORE BED TONIGHT

I DID IT!!!! and I will do it again, and again and again. The whole process is Easier than wiping your own arse and damn, shes BEAUTIFUL!

Got dispatched last Monday and she was in Jozi on Tuesday night.. 8 DAYSand she was in SA. Box was in perfect condition and frame wraped up nice and tight and everything is intact, I order 2 derailleur hangers and actually found one already fitted now I've got2 extra, hehehehehehe.

Just had her on the scale 1336g for the 19" FR216 from Flyxii. The UD gloss finish is a great choice

and to top things off Superstar have dispatched my NW chainrings today aswell, I'm super stoked.

Ive got one Huge problem though.... IM ITCHING TO STRIP MY CURRENT BIKE TO COMPLETE THIS BEAUT BEFORE BED TONIGHT

Congrats, looks sexy. Please post build pics. This thread been longing for some

There are two ways to cure your itch: a steel brush or just give in and do it. I know which one I would choose. Lekker frame

Who has bought a cyclo cross frame from china and which would you recommend? Is the sizing and fit the same as for a road bike?