Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eish, will get some pics up tonight! finishing off a another rigid 1x10 as well, will get those up too.

This thread needs way more pictures!!!!

And info on Carbon AM  29er wheelsets pleeeez???

This thread needs way more pictures!!!!

i thought about it now the other day, all my mates who i assisted with bringing and building their bikes, i want to get all of the bikes over someday, and take like a group build of all the chiner's, if to think off the top of my head there's around 10 or more... should be interesting!

i thought about it now the other day, all my mates who i assisted with bringing and building their bikes, i want to get all of the bikes over someday, and take like a group build of all the chiner's, if to think off the top of my head there's around 10 or more... should be interesting!

We should organize a Chinese carbon group ride!

eish, will get some Capitec bank, acc number: 1382952455 pics up tonight! finishing off a another rigid 1x10 as well, will get those up too.

eish, will get some pics up tonight! finishing off a another rigid 1x10 as well, will get those up too.

eish, will get some Capitec bank, acc number: 1382952455 pics up tonight! finishing off a another rigid 1x10 as well, will get those up too.

Say whaaaaaat

This was Sunday, was to broken on Sunday to finish off after Die Burger, also need olive and barb inserts for shimano hoses as the rear runs internally through the frame.

I think as it stands this build may still be under R10k. Hopefully finish it tonight bar front axle, i forgot to order with fork, ordered it afterwards still waiting for it to get here

post-8906-0-20163000-1417504568_thumb.jpg

This was Sunday, was to broken on Sunday to finish off after Die Burger, also need olive and barb inserts for shimano hoses as the rear runs internally through the frame.

I think as it stands this build may still be under R10k. Hopefully finish it tonight bar front axle, i forgot to order with fork, ordered it afterwards still waiting for it to get here

Is that the FR 216 from flyxxi? it looks like the one I am considering purchasing, I would appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on build quality, especially stuff like bosses, bb / headset and ease of assembly, internal routing etc...

Is that the FR 216 from flyxxi? it looks like the one I am considering purchasing, I would appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on build quality, especially stuff like bosses, bb / headset and ease of assembly, internal routing etc...

yes it is. built one a couple month back for hubber @BigMac, he's done RideTheRhino, Cape Pioneer, W2W and Origin of Trails on it. He said at the Pioneer the team he rode for he's bike was the only bike which had absolutely no issues.

The build quality is really great, i've taken some carbon bits to @BogusOne, who himself built a bike from carbon, says sometimes these China carbon bits are built stronger as the overcompensate so to speak.

The BB, simple i use the normal screw in/GXP/BSA BB's

The Headset, absolutely nothing wrong with the Neco Headset they supply with the frames, simply no tools needed.

Internal routing, well if you don't like working with the brakes/fluid then it can be a schlep, but really its simple. The difference between the FR216 and the FR202 i've been building with regards to cable routing, the FR202 does full internal routing, in a sense the cable housing runs from shifter to derailers, unlike FR216 the cable housing runs from shifter to cable stop then through the frame then cable stop to derailer.

The FR216 is a brilliant frame. Stiff, light and she goes like a bat outa hell!!!

My 19" weighs 1336g, the UD gloss finish is sexy too

Really good value for money and its got place for 2 bottle cages

Go for it!!!

Frame received this morning 01/12/2014.

Not bad it was actually at CapeMail since the 28/11/2014, which makes it 18 days from payment. Now to start building

Meezo... you build up a few already hey... or are they not all for you? I was going to pull trigger but when everyone started with this cape mail thing i decided to wait till its cleared up... if it will ever!

Anyway... does anybody have a dengfu FM029 here ? im dying to know...

Meezo... you build up a few already hey... or are they not all for you? I was going to pull trigger but when everyone started with this cape mail thing i decided to wait till its cleared up... if it will ever!

Anyway... does anybody have a dengfu FM029 here ? im dying to know...

I've got 2, 1 x road(FM098) and 1 x MTB (FM056).

The rest for family and friends. My bike building skills are good enough to be doing randoms... ????