Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who doubt…. i have read and researched over 2 years on this now… everything breaks !! The chinese Frame are build with quality and there are some very good riders in Australia that use them and some say they even better than some branded ones. Like i say everything breaks as it depends on the rider that needs to look after it! Far as i know iPad's & iPhones are also made in china…(Foxconn) correct me if I'm wrong but that shows you that there are super good quality from china. Even here you get great service, good service and crappy service…same with engineering end anything in life.

Yes, here is the factory (just one section of the whole complex) that makes the iPads - in Dongguan. Drove passed their factory the day before yesterday.

post-1372-0-96902000-1400871124_thumb.png

The ironic part is that I was within touching distance from the HongFu factory earlier this week. Perhaps next time when I come over to China.

edit: spelling

Edited by geraldm24

post-32576-1400864467,5389.jpg

Finally got the bike built up and out on a first ride

Nice …. where you got the frame from? Like the airbrush on the fork!

EMS tracking question.

Do they stop tracking the goods after it is handed over to JHB customs?

Yes Bogusone, keep em spray guns ready!

Edited by YUMEYA

Hey there I am looking at the FM098 road frame and was wondering if someone can give me a email of a person that they dealt with that gave them good service ....and if someone can maybe with estimated extra cost duties and so on any info would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

EMS tracking question.

Phone sapo and get local tracking should be II or RI something. This way you can track locally

Hey there I am looking at the FM098 road frame and was wondering if someone can give me a email of a person that they dealt with that gave them good service ....and if someone can maybe with estimated extra cost duties and so on any info would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

OracleBob your cue....

Edited by Meezo

EMS tracking question.

Goods are tracked all the way to your front door.

Enter your international tracking number on the Parcel Track website http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ (first search box)

It will give you the local tracking reference and where it is.

You no longer need to sit on the phone to SAPO and ask for the local tracking number when you quote the interational

Edited by shaper

Anyone tried the Deng Fu 27,5 inch frame? After my CX bike i am a convert and a mate has really enjoyed his 27,5 inch conversion so i am now looking at downsizing wheel size and upping travel from 100 mm to 120 mm. Increase the smile factor

http://dengfubikes.com/product/detail.php?id=134

I am keen on this however my question would actually be around the suspension - what shock to use at the back, and given that I ride a Specialized with a Brain back shock, what would be the best to stabilise the back end in terms of shocks?

I would like the extra travel, but want some pedalling efficiency....

any ideas/suggetsions

Hey 1herman12,

I dealt with Wendy from Dengfu, very helpful throughout the entire process, email her on dengfubikes@vip.163.com.

In terms of costs are you looking at brining in just the frame or other parts as well?

However in terms of cost duties, shipping costs are $185 and then you can budget on +- 15.6% of the total cost at customs.

I am looking at purchasing a set of wheels.

if anybody in CPT looking at purchasing anything i will join to make the shipping a bit less.

PM me or reply on this Topic.

EMS tracking question.

Try these mail addresses. Just include your tracking number. They take a day to respond.

Corli Steyn <Corli.Steyn@postoffice.co.za>

JIMCCustomerServices@postoffice.co.za

Hey Oracle BoB and Meezo thanks for the reply I will definitely sent her a email.

I might be looking at some carbon wheels as well but will have to see if I have enough money the group sets and so on my trek will have to so for now haha.

Would the cost increase a lot if I add a weelset with the frame?

Thanks for the estimation its really going to help me with the buget

Edited by 1herman12

Hey Oracle BoB and Meezo thanks for the reply I will definitely sent her a email.

I might be looking at some carbon wheels as well but will have to see if I have enough money the group sets and so on my trek will have to so for now haha.

Would the cost increase a lot if I add a weelset with the frame?

Thanks for the estimation its really going to help me with the buget

The shipping cost is a standard cost from dengfu. However the customs cost will increase (so definitely budget on that).

Okay cool thanks man looking forward to getting the process started thanks again for the info