Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

I've read about Greatkeen Bike while researching.  To be honest I didn't see anything indicating they are scammers.  That said, there is always a first time (or you might have bought from a shop trading on their name.  I've seen a few few shops that change one or two letters in the name and trade on the reputation of the real store).

Aliexpress (the site) also offer a guarantee don't they?  Approach them directly instead of the store?

If it's like Ebay you and lodge a claim before the end date and cancel if the item eventually arrives.

Edited by Dubber

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read about Greatkeen Bike while researching.  To be honest I didn't see anything indicating they are scammers.  That said, there is always a first time (or you might have bought from a shop trading on their name.  I've seen a few few shops that change one or two letters in the name and trade on the reputation of the real store).

Aliexpress (the site) also offer a guarantee don't they?  Approach them directly instead of the store?

If it's like Ebay you and lodge a claim before the end date and cancel if the item eventually arrives.

Thanks , ive opend a dispute . That seems all i can do at the moment . But thnks for advise

Regards

Matt

I currently ride a 52 tri bike and 54 road bike - my question is how would that translate into their frame size as my top tube would be a 51.5 in their sizing.

Don't ask me why, but most road bike frame manufacturers size their frames according to the seat tube length, as is the case with the frame you're thinking of buying. I believe that with TT frames the governing factor for frame sizes is the top tube length, which makes more sense as it is the more critical parameter for bike fitment.

In other words, the frame you're looking at buying (51.5cm) has a seat tube length of 51.5cm and a top tube length is 53.5cm, which is very close your ideal top tube length of 53.7cm.

Hope this helps.

Thanks , ive opend a dispute . That seems all i can do at the moment . But thnks for advise

Regards

Matt

I've ordered successfully through AliExpress. It's pretty standard for vendors to take a few days to dispatch goods and supply a tracking number. It can take up to 3 weeks (or more) to arrive here, then a while to clear customs, and then it sits at the JHB International Mail Centre till EMS/The South African Post Office stops striking and delivers the parcel, or till you go collect it...

You can apply to extend the buyer protection, just send the vendor a request via the site.

Keep checking www.trackmyparcel.co.za to see when it's in the country. Just be patient.

Advice / help for buying online Aliexpres ?....

I orederd a frame from supplier called "greatkeen bike" . First it was a pinarello dogma 65.1 and paid on a modified page for it . Thr process time shipping out within 30 work days .that time ran out and the store said they had production issues. Then i asked if they had stock items . Reviewed list and chose a Spes venge. The store indicated that they would send item within 24 hours . When i checked next day . There was no tracking no , their excuse was it was posted but the shipper did not gove them tracking number. 4 days later tracking number appeared on order.

Latest issue , frame according to EMS CHINA has left china but not in South Africa . Trying to raise dispute to cancell but supplier refuses dispute and buyer protection is running out in 9 days and no frame in SA. Any advise .. Seems like im being scammed .

You can raise a dispute through Aliexpress but as it seems greatkeen have sent the item and is perhaps why they refuse the dispute.  Businesses on Aliexpress dont like a negative rating as it will affect their business and am surprised they are not in discussions with you on the matter.

I have done a fair bit of shopping on Aliexpress and often when the item is sent the tracking number will say having left China but take a week or so before it is picked up again being tracked out of hong kong or elsewhere.  

For parcels out of China I use this tracking http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

Have found it pretty accurate, and will give destination by destination as it gets shipped, you can also click on start and destination links to try and get more accurate info.

I have a frame bought through Aliexpress at beginning of September, it was shipped on 25th, tracking number says left point of origin in China, am still waiting for it to be tracked further but i know it is the norm for the system to update slowly.

As soon as it says in SA use http://www.trackmyparcel.co.za/ and search using your international tracking number, it will give you the local tracking number.

When expecting stuff from China you need a lot of patience!

Can someone assist me or advise on which size would be suitable for me.

According to my Ergofit I require the following: Effective top tube length of 53.7. Current I ride a 54 but on the diagram I would now need a 51.5? Can this be correct?

What is the best way to measure to make sure its the right size for me - im probably just being over cautious

51.5 would be your frame. Most of the newer Chinese road frames are based on the compact design where the top tube slopes down towards the seat tube resulting in a shorter seat tube, hence size.

My Cannondale is a 65, my BOOTH is a 60. Virtual top tube exactly the same.

Big thanks to Rob from Carbon29er.com.

I had a bit of a crash and broke the bracket on my seat post securing the saddle. I got told that these brackets are seat post specific and that I'll have to replace the entire seat post. Phoned Rob and he had spare parts for the seat post which he offered to send to me free of charge. I only paid for shipping.

Great service! Thanks Rob!

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt, I dealt with these guys (bought 2 frames and 2 sets of wheels in different orders). They have a few shops on Aliexpress. They took a while in some purchases with lots of reasons for delays. They came through in the end more than once. I think they are honest, just their customer service isn't what you would hope for. They will sort you out in the end. Good luck. Martin.

I'm not to sure where to get the direct communication email for them . Issue is the item was posted late and the purchase protection is running out. Now great keen says they will extend that if I removed dispute.. But as I see it . If I remove it, then that was my one shot to get a result.. And it smells like a empty compromise... Am I reading it wrong ? Shall I cancel the dispute to get extended purchase protection ?

That's now my biggest issue

Hi Matt, I dealt with these guys (bought 2 frames and 2 sets of wheels in different orders). They have a few shops on Aliexpress. They took a while in some purchases with lots of reasons for delays. They came through in the end more than once. I think they are honest, just their customer service isn't what you would hope for. They will sort you out in the end. Good luck. Martin.

Hi Martin , thanks for info . They asking that I cancell my dispute to get extended buyer protection . My gut says no ... But what happens if time runs out and I haven't received order and dispute is still ongoing... Do u have any suggestions on this unclear issue for me ?

Matt

You can raise a dispute through Aliexpress but as it seems greatkeen have sent the item and is perhaps why they refuse the dispute. Businesses on Aliexpress dont like a negative rating as it will affect their business and am surprised they are not in discussions with you on the matter.

I have done a fair bit of shopping on Aliexpress and often when the item is sent the tracking number will say having left China but take a week or so before it is picked up again being tracked out of hong kong or elsewhere.

For parcels out of China I use this tracking http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

Have found it pretty accurate, and will give destination by destination as it gets shipped, you can also click on start and destination links to try and get more accurate info.

I have a frame bought through Aliexpress at beginning of September, it was shipped on 25th, tracking number says left point of origin in China, am still waiting for it to be tracked further but i know it is the norm for the system to update slowly.

As soon as it says in SA use http://www.trackmyparcel.co.za/ and search using your international tracking number, it will give you the local tracking number.

When expecting stuff from China you need a lot of patience!

Thanks for info seems I did things according what you've said . However they ( Greatkeen) now want me close dispute then they will extend the buyer protection . My gut feeling says no because seems I only get one shot at a dispute and if I relent now and get extended buyer protection I'll have a bigger fight on my hands later. And what happens when the purchase protection runs out and dispute still not resolved? Must I cancell it or keep dispute.. Not sure what is best next step ..

( ps I've used your link and only says "transporting " and destination South Africa.. So not sure where it is .. Was sent with EMS )

Thanks

Matthew

Edited by Delgado_073

I currently ride a 52 tri bike and 54 road bike - my question is how would that translate into their frame size as my top tube would be a 51.5 in their sizing.

On a CC 51.5 your effective top tube will be 53.5cm.The L measurement.

Hi Matt,

Do not close your dispute. I think the buyer protection is there for your piece of mind and not the seller. Just tell them you want the bike frame or your money and will close the dispute when you get it. 

The way Aliexpress is designed is to give the buyers the security and confidence to buy, without this there wouldn't be a market place. So if you are not 100% happy, open a dispute and let Aliexpress sort it out.

The EMS information is accurate, though not always up to date, they track the parcel to your doorstep.

Cheers. Martin.

Hi Matt,

Do not close your dispute. I think the buyer protection is there for your piece of mind and not the seller. Just tell them you want the bike frame or your money and will close the dispute when you get it. 

The way Aliexpress is designed is to give the buyers the security and confidence to buy, without this there wouldn't be a market place. So if you are not 100% happy, open a dispute and let Aliexpress sort it out.

The EMS information is accurate, though not always up to date, they track the parcel to your doorstep.

Cheers. Martin.

He says they offered an extended buyer protection if he closes the dispute, I don't think they can do that unless the dispute is closed, the system will not allow it.

Further, the item has been shipped, hence the tracking number (everything gets sent EMS).  So to them there is no dispute, as item has been shipped and they recognise that there has been a delay and will extend the buyer protection until the item arrives... so I see no reason not to close the dispute and get the extended warranty.  The original concern was that he was running out of time and still has a week or so until that first deadline is reached.  As I see it, the dispute can be closed, and if the extended protection is not put in place immediately before the initial deadline then an new dispute can be opened (just the day before deadline closes)

I will repeat, people who deal with China must learn patience and learn to wait as nothing happens quickly there, especially shipping.

Another question, how did you pay?  If you used paypal they also have payment protection.

Thanks for info seems I did things according what you've said . However they ( Greatkeen) now want me close dispute then they will extend the buyer protection . My gut feeling says no because seems I only get one shot at a dispute and if I relent now and get extended buyer protection I'll have a bigger fight on my hands later. And what happens when the purchase protection runs out and dispute still not resolved? Must I cancell it or keep dispute.. Not sure what is best next step ..

( ps I've used your link and only says "transporting " and destination South Africa.. So not sure where it is .. Was sent with EMS )

Thanks

Matthew

If it says it's being transported, it's on it's way. EMS isn't like DHL or FedEx etc. There's a reason it's free and not charged for like express shipping methods. Just be patient. Tell them you'll remove the dispute as soon as the tracking shows it has arrived in the country.

Alibaba is not a mickey mouse organisation, and for as long as you have the dispute logged, they wont release your money to the seller.

I waited 3.5 weeks for my wheels to arrive and am still waiting for some kit I ordered even before I placed the order for the wheels. I tracked it and it's here, but EMS locally is a division of the SAPO, who are in and out of striking, so I expected the delays. I applied for an extension on the protection this morning and they've done so, even though they can see it's in SA.

I doubt you're in the process of being screwed, just be extremely patient.