Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Just another question to you that have been on 29ers and 650B's, I see they say on this thread that you can save up-to 500g on a 650B in regards to rims/tyres etc.?

So what is the break down between weight saved and pace between the two.

I do a lot of non-technical on my 26er and was after the 29er as my mate gets a lot more out in speed on his 29er hard tail than me on 26er dual suspension...so logically I was after a 29er hard tail but the 650B is making me think twice?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another question to you that have been on 29ers and 650B's, I see they say on this thread that you can save up-to 500g on a 650B in regards to rims/tyres etc.?

I do a lot of non-technical on my 26er and was after the 29er as my mate gets a lot more out in speed on his 29er hard tail than me on 26er dual suspension...so logically I was after a 29er hard tail but the 650B is making me think twice?

Why go smaller, If you can go BIG! I love them, handling in the technical is not a big issue for me either, you learn where to ride in tight sections, but its all preferential and really no one can make the call other than you and your opinin.

Why go smaller, If you can go BIG! I love them, handling in the technical is not a big issue for me either, you learn where to ride in tight sections, but its all preferential and really no one can make the call other than you and your opinin.

Please move this debate to one of the many threads already available on this topic.

Please move this debate to one of the many threads already available on this topic.

Ok maybe that was a bit harsh, but Im pretty sure there's a number of 26 vs 29 vs 650b threads out there. Or were those threads lost when the hub lost some data recently..?

No there is still plenty out there, it was an answer to a relavent question, no a debate starter :)

Edit-spelling

Edited by SamL1220

Ok maybe that was a bit harsh, but Im pretty sure there's a number of 26 vs 29 vs 650b threads out there. Or were those threads lost when the hub lost some data recently..?

Not harsh stressed eric >_> bwahahahahaha

Is pretty much a question no one can answer as there is no correct or right answer, the bikes will not be the same spec, it depends on you level of fitness and the riding style will be different on the different sized bikes.

Why not do some research instead af asking to be spoon fed information. Assuming you use the same bars, stems, groupset etc then look at the relevant weight of the other components for each bike size and you will then know the weight differences.

Otherwise google potential weight saving against pace, am sure there have been many researches done. It is all at your fingertip if you put some effort in

Alternatively start your own thread on the hub asking that question and keep this one to discussing chinese carbon products.

Edited by shaper

Anyone looking to off load their carbon 29'er frame M/L or is someone placing a bulk order soon so I can add my order as well? Thanks

agree...not the place to debate this......again

Geeees all apologies from the Rookie, just asked as I am about to blow R5000 on Chinese Carbon

Geeees all apologies from the Rookie, just asked as I am about to blow R5000 on Chinese Carbon

Rookie? Welcome to thehub then, now lost love here and HTFU!!

Seriously as to which frame you want is entirely up to you. If you wanna try out the 650b by all means. Just remember to come report to this thread as to where and how you bought, your experience with the supplier and also riding the bike.

Just do it, will be the best R5000 you spent in a while.

And post pics!

Didn't mean it in a funny way Alfling...just that we want to keep posts topical in each thread. I take it you are ordering from hongfu then...Their FM-057 is a really nice frame bud, you won't go wrong...post feedback remember

Welcome to the hub, and your question was more on you keeping up with your mate on a 29er HT and you on a 26er DS, the real answer to that question is HTFU and get fitter to keep up with your mate, irrespective of what weight can be saved by changing bike, as you will be on a different bike, different riding style and set up, whether it a 650b or anything else!

We pointed to you where to look else ask the question in the right forum for weight v pace.

If you are considering a Chinese brand, then by all means ask questions about the make/model/supplier/experience and we will gladly help as well as give advice on shipping/tracking and who and where to go if you want the frame in the quickest possible time, subject to customs and SAPO of course.

If you still have concerns about blowing R5000, then you need to do more research, perhaps re-read this thread and read other online forums with regard to Chinese carbon frames.

As for your specific choice of frame, have not heard or know anyone riding that frame so cannot give feedback. Others may know someone who does have that frame. You have not told us make/model or supplier. Most here go for a HT, so the only feedback we can give you is on the supplier and the quality of their workmanship. If it is hongfu, then as rouxtjie says, quality is good and if you take the plunge, pay by paypal as you have purchase protection and give feedback on your experience of dealing with the firm and the frame once arrived.

Good luck with your research and possible purchase.

I have been riding the :"Hammerhead"...aka FM 106 " for 2 weeks now. Its awesome my alu DS is sitting and looking miserable in my Garage. The bike is so light and fun in a way the DS isnt , more flickable and nimble. Only downside to the DS is its a tad skittish on some really rough DH but thats cause its a hardtail.

To all the dudes waiting to take the plunge my experience of some serious off rd riding is that the frame is awesome and has been fun to ride. Hell for the price i paid for it if it only lasts 1.5 more years i reckon i got my moneys worth. Bear in mind my components are top end.

I have been riding the :"Hammerhead"...aka FM 106 " for 2 weeks now. Its awesome my alu DS is sitting and looking miserable in my Garage. The bike is so light and fun in a way the DS isnt , more flickable and nimble. Only downside to the DS is its a tad skittish on some really rough DH but thats cause its a hardtail.

To all the dudes waiting to take the plunge my experience of some serious off rd riding is that the frame is awesome and has been fun to ride. Hell for the price i paid for it if it only lasts 1.5 more years i reckon i got my moneys worth. Bear in mind my components are top end.

Lekkers brother.... :thumbup: