Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

oh get a grip please man!

No, not at all. The blame was mine entirely, anf even though I was still getting used to them and the carbon rims, I was the one that stuffed up. No tyre would have been able to save that. All down to me. Was just saying that at some point, grip doesn't matter cos you're asking it to do something it just simply can't.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh get a grip please man!

I tried. Even have deathgrips to give me that extra advantage. I swear the bike tjooned me "Dom naaaierpoes" as it rolled by me on the floor

No, not at all. The blame was mine entirely, anf even though I was still getting used to them and the carbon rims, I was the one that stuffed up. No tyre would have been able to save that. All down to me. Was just saying that at some point, grip doesn't matter cos you're asking it to do something it just simply can't. In my case, that was trying to do something stupid, on a bike that was reacting far faster than what I was used to, thanks to THOSE rims. Resulted in a sideways and downward facing front wheel and a washout that was super fast.

I think you need to give the Asseguy a second chance then. BTW, heavy breathing is reccommended with broken ribs, so no reason to stop doing some kind of riding...

I think you need to give the Asseguy a second chance then. BTW, heavy breathing is reccommended with broken ribs, so no reason to stop doing some kind of riding...

Wait. The assguys haven't failed me yet, and if it looked like I was blaming them then that's definitely not the case. I want to run them in winter to see their grip then. In the dry, they've been nothing but stellar.

I was actually going to light ride today as a test cos the shoulder and pec muscles had largely recovered. But this morning put paid to that. It's bloody painful now with even moderate breathing

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

I'm almost certain that posting on here counts as cross training.

The Michelin tyres do look good though

Front

57549192-1-full.jpeg

I like the look of those.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The Michelin tyres do look good though

Front

57549192-1-full.jpeg

57549192-3-full.jpeg

Rear

57544357-1-full.jpeg

57544357-3-full.jpeg

I like the look of those.

Really good tyres, but one thing: just make sure you absolutely lather the sidewalls in sealant. the ribbed portion of the sidewalls are stubbornly porous. It's not good enough to inject sealant and then spin the wheels on the bike, aka going for a ride. nope: you have to spin them while they are laid flat. It's the quickest, most direct way of forcing the sealant into the pores. And jack that pressure up while you doing this.

No, not at all. The blame was mine entirely, anf even though I was still getting used to them and the carbon rims, I was the one that stuffed up. No tyre would have been able to save that. All down to me. Was just saying that at some point, grip doesn't matter cos you're asking it to do something it just simply can't. In my case, that was trying to do something stupid, on a bike that was reacting far faster than what I was used to, thanks to THOSE rims. Resulted in a sideways and downward facing front wheel and a washout that was super fast.

So is that your review of the new hoops then? 

So is that your review of the new hoops then?

No, need to get used to them properly still

Initial experience: bloody stiff, turn (react to input) much much faster than my Alu wheels, lighter, easier to accelerate.

I should have bought them sooner, in other words. I wasn't expecting as much of a difference as what I felt.

I sneezed really really hard this morning and felt and heard something pop. Back in, or out, I'm not sure yet but since then it's been agony as much as the initial 2 days. Shoulder is better, but oh my goodness this was painful.

Usually that will be adhesions tearing off - couple of days and you will be back to normal.

Did any of you folks do the Val du Charron Enduro last year? 

I'm considering it, just to get back into it before the EWC events. Would want to Recce the trails, though but since I have never ridden it, I have no Idea where the stages were and I understand its quite a big trail network.

Did any of you folks do the Val du Charron Enduro last year? 

I'm considering it, just to get back into it before the EWC events. Would want to Recce the trails, though but since I have never ridden it, I have no Idea where the stages were and I understand its quite a big trail network.

Is that on the Welvanpas/ wild boar trails? Unless they have reopened the old Black Route at Welvanpas I think the trails are fairly easy to ride blind. Gradients arent that steep and there are few if any man made features like those at JH or Tokai.