Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

How's the shift away from 26? I thought bike parks were the last bastion of the mini wheel. Seems that ship has officially sailed.

It says DH bike wheel sizes. I'm pretty sure the park rats weren't included. 

Still, for DH bikes to see such a significant drop in 26ers over the course of one year is a bit heartbreaking.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So was this planned or is it just A pooooos move from sram to rub it in

Rotor crank could probably lift a kicking elephant

not sure....but did you see my comment on the vid?

bc28c9a8bbc72cb1bbf86e645b0dea36.jpg

These arrived on Friday. I won them in a Trailtech fb comp.

I'm uhhhmming and aaaahing about putting these on instead of my Assegaai on the front, but the Assegaai is already on and I'm lazy, so it might stay for a while. Then again, the DDcasing assguy is 200gr heavier than the Onza...

Edited by PhilipV

bc28c9a8bbc72cb1bbf86e645b0dea36.jpg

These arrived on Friday. I won them in a Trailtech fb comp.

I'm uhhhmming and aaaahing about putting these on instead of my Assegaai on the front, but the Assegaai is already on and I'm lazy, so it might stay for a while. Then again, the DDcasing assguy is 200gr heavier than the Onza...

Grip >>>>>> Weight. And you kinda already know how the Assguy goes. Put the Aquila on when it dies... 

Grip >>>>>> Weight..

Yeah No, we'll have to agree to disagree on that statement.

The Aquila will go on sooner rather than later. If we get along well the Assegaai might be saved for races or special events that my wife would classify as "Stupid."

It's not as if I was being held back by a run down Ibex.

Yeah No, we'll have to agree to disagree on that statement.

The Aquila will go on sooner rather than later. If we get along well the Assegaai might be saved for races or special events that my wife would classify as "Stupid."

It's not as if I was being held back by a run down Ibex.

LOL. 

True enough, I have to wonder how much better the Exo Plus would be at the front in terms of weight saving. But, I like not having to worry about cuts n punctures and stuff. 

• 1 month later...

29 Yari and Lyrik Recall

Bicycle Retailer reported today that RockShox recalled over 900 of their Lyrik and Yari forks with suspect lowers that might fail. The CPSC, who handles recalls in the US, says no injuries or failures have been reported in the field.

Affected forks were sold in both the US and Canada to OEM and aftermarket retailers. Everyone who owns or suspects they may own an affected fork is warned to stop riding it immediately and to contact SRAM or their local dealer to check the serial numbers and arrange to have the lowers replaced. Serial numbers can be checked on line at www.sram.com by clicking in their product recall page

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rockshox-recalls-29-inch-lyrik-and-yari-forks.html

Suunto Spartan Trainer has Enduro and DH mode now. I've not tested it so I don't know what it does to be fair but let's see.

Edited by Duane_Bosch