Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

bc28c9a8bbc72cb1bbf86e645b0dea36.jpg

These arrived on Friday. I won them in a Trailtech fb comp.

I'm uhhhmming and aaaahing about putting these on instead of my Assegaai on the front, but the Assegaai is already on and I'm lazy, so it might stay for a while. Then again, the DDcasing assguy is 200gr heavier than the Onza...

Okay so I finally got round to putting the Aquila on my Trance. It's a damn lekker tyre. Predictable and likes to be leaned over. It'll stay for a while, relegating the Assegaai to the tyre crate. The real test will be when we hit Helderberg on a dry day, but that may be a while still.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a tyre related note, I have another Spez tyre that has developed a casing wobble, it has less than 200km on it.

It's a Slaughter in Grid casing. I'll see whether they entertain my warranty request, but I can't see myself spending money on spez tyres again. Not when Maxxis has been so solid, and with Trailtech resurrecting Onza in SA again we really don't need to sukkel with subpar sidewalls.

Suunto Spartan Trainer has Enduro and DH mode now. I've not tested it so I don't know what it does to be fair but let's see.

I'm curious on them, thinking of getting one on the discovery vitality program.

I'm curious on them, thinking of getting one on the discovery vitality program.

I'm super happy with mine. But it's not perfect.

The backlight is not great (all the reviews say this)

And the wrist based HRM is a helpful hint. As soon as the temp drops the HRM is wildly inaccurate. But wrist based heart rate isn't great anyway so factor in the cost of a chest strap too.

For the price of a high end G Shock you are getting waaaaaay more. Plus you'll feel like you belong in the airline boarding queue.

Okay so I finally got round to putting the Aquila on my Trance. It's a damn lekker tyre. Predictable and likes to be leaned over. It'll stay for a while, relegating the Assegaai to the tyre crate. The real test will be when we hit Helderberg on a dry day, but that may be a while still.

Hows the Aquila's Flippie? Enough space between knobs to flush out the loose stuff on the loose over hardpack @helderberg?

My gat jeuk vir nuwe tires.. but somehow I keep buying other stuff that looks nice  :whistling:  I'm very much running a summer setup still, which works fine for my local trails. But I will eventually have to get rid of that 2.25 Ibex and "SS" on the rear.

Hows the Aquila's Flippie? Enough space between knobs to flush out the loose stuff on the loose over hardpack @helderberg?

My gat jeuk vir nuwe tires.. but somehow I keep buying other stuff that looks nice  :whistling:  I'm very much running a summer setup still, which works fine for my local trails. But I will eventually have to get rid of that 2.25 Ibex and "SS" on the rear.

Jy al jou bike gaan ry?

nope - ekt noggie

Jy al jou bike gaan ry?

nope - ekt noggie

Het Sondag aand..so 45 mins. Pike; Baie support. (my ou furk was n light compression tune) hierdie effens meer, maar nie te harsh nie. Trail was ook nou nie Jonkers nie, het nog 25mm unused travel gehad na ride. Kan dalk n paar PSI air drop. Die Dual Position het n shaft wat die lengte van die air chamber loop en surely equivalent is aan teminste 2 bottomless tokens, so nice en progressive. Ook chassis wise stywer as die Formula. Die 35mm DI bars ook heelwat stywer as 30.8 of whatever. Kon ook dalk die front end meer rigid/solid en direct laat voel het. 

Keen vir proper trails. 

Vraag ry ons die, https://www.bikehub.co.za/events/event/3568-ewc-2-hoogekraal-enduro/ ? in prep vir die https://www.bikehub.co.za/events/event/3569-ewc-3-jonkershoek-enduro/

My gat jeuk vir nuwe tires.. but somehow I keep buying other stuff that looks nice :whistling: I'm very much running a summer setup still, which works fine for my local trails. But I will eventually have to get rid of that 2.25 Ibex and "SS" on the rear.

Ek het nog nie Helderberg gery nie, so ek weet nie. Sal whatsapp stuur as ek ordentlike terugvoer het.

554032031e756d686d186f148b06a590.gif

Vs Assguy? And why are you taking it off... Purely weight, or what? V interested to hear. 

"the importance of a helmet and a good helmet"   The most important part

Looks good, I like that the chin guard is carbon. 

Review: Judge & Verdict - WTB's Most Aggressive Dry-Condition Tire Combo

Jul 18, 2019

by Richard Cunningham   Follow

Add to Favorites

p5pb17458105.jpg

p5pb17458098.jpg

pb-small.png Tired of slipping and sliding on your mid-summer dust? WTB's hyper-aggressive Verdict (left) and Judge combination will settle the score in your favor.