Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

realised this morning again, the only gear you need for "enduro" is a lekker attitude and a lekker laugh and smile on trail :P

Thank goodness, because getting all enduro geared up is getting bloody expensive

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning All

Anyone tried the DMR death grips yet, and do any of you know of a CT LBS that have them in stock ... I like being able to touch, smell, lick and feel contact point items.

Morning All

Anyone tried the DMR death grips yet, and do any of you know of a CT LBS that have them in stock ... I like being able to touch, smell, lick and feel contact point items.

I suspect the Hangar in Somerset West do DMR.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the best,cheapest thinnest knee guards around at the moment? Ive been looking at the Leatt, Gforms (suspecting it to be the most common), Race face Indy, and IONs.

Questions:

1) what's your experience so far with yours?

2) who stocks what?

3) how much are they?

Edited by TAAHIRWP

What is the best,cheapest thinnest knee guards around at the moment? Ive been looking at the Leatt, Gforms (suspecting it to be the most common), Race face Indy, and IONs.

Questions:

1) what's your experience so far with yours?

2) who stocks what?

3) how much are they?

IXS FLOW KNEE   these ones :thumbup:

Dainese Trail Skins

Dainese Hybrid Pads

Bluegrass Crossbill

Check out the Speedsleev Rangers saddle pack for the essentials, super compact, no rattles and most importantly dropper post friendly. We are running a Xmas special at the moment combining the Speedsleev with the Unior Euro17 Multi-Tool (More like super-tool).

I have been using mine for a while and it has been super impressive so far. 

https://www.cogentindustries.co.za/product/christmas-offer/

xmas_special.jpg

IXS FLOW KNEE   these ones :thumbup:

Dainese Trail Skins

Dainese Hybrid Pads

Bluegrass Crossbill

I have these suckers. They are uber light and if you happen to fall and the pad gets in the way, they offer pretty good protection. Don't rely on them to stay in place in higher speed situations but still better than nothing. They are good for an XC ride but don't do an enduro race in them unless you really cant stomach hot heavy pads. I found out the hard way. 661_Knee_Pads_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Only 2 x rides so far..56e725e50c9ba959b2ad9c4ddcc48769.jpgbbcfbf62f858b55f74c45e8873f2bdb9.jpg947594700ce204492390dc0ef7989d7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Those shoes look the bizz. Did you get them from a local ION dealer? Same price as 510's?

Those shoes look the bizz. Did you get them from a local ION dealer? Same price as 510's?

keen to know this too. If there is one, what's their range like?

Edited by Capricorn

The Brand Stable, send Simon an email. They have loads of stock. Similar price to 510s yes, but don't expect 510s. The IONs are different in its own way.

keen to know this too. If there is one, what's their range like?

The range is big. Pretty much everything you see on the website for 2017 stock I think, even the zip pads. I think 2018 stock and colours arrives around June 2018.

For now I saw blacks or grey options.. the clothing had some more colour ways such as red, purple etc.

The Brand Stable, send Simon an email. They have loads of stock. Similar price to 510s yes, but don't expect 510s. The IONs are different in its own way.

What's Simon's email [emoji3]

What's Simon's email [emoji3]

Maybe im not supposed to put it here, but ya... simon@thebrandstable.co.za