Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know who stocks or has a set of SRAM Code R  or RS brakes?

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/code-r#sm.0001v2fy121d67daxtngcd4vgxix6

I was interested in those to but became too much of a hack locally to get prices / times etc. Overseas at CRC, Tredz and even Amazon (around £118 per side I recently saw) but you'd have to get around that pesky 'Sram-price-cartel-no-shippy-shippy-to-you' thing with Aramex, freight forwarder or mates courier. 

In line with the interest in Codes, has anyone looked at getting Guide RE's? Not sure of availability locally but they appear to be a great middle ground between the Guides and Codes

In line with the interest in Codes, has anyone looked at getting Guide RE's? Not sure of availability locally but they appear to be a great middle ground between the Guides and Codes

I thought about them but couldn't find any locally either.

I thought about them but couldn't find any locally either.

Pity. Feels somewhat risky to bring SRAM brakes in from overseas given their earlier issues with the lever...decisions, decisions

Pity. Feels somewhat risky to bring SRAM brakes in from overseas given their earlier issues with the lever...decisions, decisions

Always been my thing about the guides. The reviews are constantly 'great, great, only had to send them back twice, great, great...' and they come put high marks. Huh?  I've never sent any brakes back and loads of people have issues with the guides.  

Maybe better to go with some local Hopes E3 V4's for R5690 from Bike Addict (with yummy braided hoses) rather than local CWC codes. :)

Always been my thing about the guides. The reviews are constantly 'great, great, only had to send them back twice, great, great...' and they come put high marks. Huh?  I've never sent any brakes back and loads of people have issues with the guides.  

Maybe better to go with some local Hopes E3 V4's for R5690 from Bike Addict (with yummy braided hoses) rather than local CWC codes. :)

Funny you say that as I was thinking the very same thing! My current Guide RS fall into the group of sent back twice. They're great brakes...when they work and are fitted to a bike! Been eyeing the Hopes for a very long time now, such a sick looking piece of equipment!

p5pb15527049.jpg

Forgot to say that I rather like this modern moonbag... I could definitely strap that one on and not feel like too much of a d#$k :-)

Been eyeing the Hopes for a very long time now, such a sick looking piece of equipment!

Just be aware.

The guy who works on my bikes hates them. He says they are hard to work on and seals are hard to get hold of. Which is why I buy a set of seals every time I am in Euro.

They are heavy (if that is a consideration for you)

But the 3 sets I've had have all been amazing. And there's a reason all the park rats in Morzine who pay for their own brakes run Hope.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Wish I knew! I took that from the Push Industries page. Quite a few side by side comparisons on the new SBG stuff and the old geo. 

:cursing: clearly got ahead of myself there :P

Funny you say that as I was thinking the very same thing! My current Guide RS fall into the group of sent back twice. They're great brakes...when they work and are fitted to a bike! Been eyeing the Hopes for a very long time now, such a sick looking piece of equipment!

Or G it out with Gwinn's Signature TRP's Quadiem G-Spec on special (25% off, £138) at CRC making it a tempting price. Personally I keep looking at those Hope and getting a twitchy finger until I rememeber my Cura's are bloody brilliant and are about half price.