LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

If I'm eating enough, but I'm still hungry because my brain is bored and wants something to snack on (dangerous territory for me), I take a large tablespoon of coconut oil chased by a very large glass of water (500ml +). The combination is deadly - it overrides your satiety sensors and makes you feel very full.

cool, going to try that.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, going to try that.

If you take too much and become nauseous, the antidote is anything citrus - some lemon juice or a wedge of orange, etc. Takes it away almost immediately.

what's your recipe for the fat bomb?

Gonna wing it, along the right lines though. If they're good I will post the recipe.

Edited by Surv0MTB

More coconut oil, butter or macadamia/almond butter, or any animal fat as far as I know. I keep droewors and fatty biltong at the ready as well.

Will be making some fat bombs tonight

what's your recipe for the fat bomb?

Choc Bombs, not sure what they taste like, I've not yet had to make them, and I'd use butter in place of the Almond butter.

Chocolate Bombs.zip

Choc Bombs, not sure what they taste like, I've not yet had to make them, and I'd use butter in place of the Almond butter.

Chocolate Bombs.zip

Tried these last week

- replaced coco powder with Nomu Skinny

- left out the sweetener (nomu is sweet enough)

- almond butter is ok, but will try next time with Macadamia butter. the almond is a bit bland.

These are like ice cream - melt when warm, so no good for your lunchbox :whistling:

Dischem now stock pure MCT oil, which is great to see. I bought a bottle immediately.

I was very interested to see the display area (Westwood mall in DBN) saying 'Banting Diet Friendly'. Sign of things to come?

Sunday morning and time for my ride. I had nothing for breakfast, just took a swig of the MCT oil, took 550ml of water and headed out. 100km and 1800m climbing later I came home feeling pretty good.

The good thing about this stuff is that it's completely tasteless. So for people who can't stomach the taste/smell of coconut oil, this is definitely a product to look out for.

post-22004-0-40357200-1408343160_thumb.jpg

Dischem now stock pure MCT oil, which is great to see. I bought a bottle immediately.

I was very interested to see the display area (Westwood mall in DBN) saying 'Banting Diet Friendly'. Sign of things to come?

Sunday morning and time for my ride. I had nothing for breakfast, just took a swig of the MCT oil, took 550ml of water and headed out. 100km and 1800m climbing later I came home feeling pretty good.

The good thing about this stuff is that it's completely tasteless. So for people who can't stomach the taste/smell of coconut oil, this is definitely a product to look out for.

how is that different from this?

http://cdn1.igroup.co.za/dischem/500_500_prods_6009801544748.jpg

Ive seen it a few times at the health shop across from the dischem in fourways mall. Cant recall what the price was though.

Ok so made some 'Fat Bombs', well wife did and they worked pretty damn well.

I wont lie, I am not a fan of the flavour, and next attempt I will not add cocoa powder, instead maybe some 85% Choc or stick to coconut flavours etc.

We used the following recipe and halved the quantities to try out:

http://primalperks.com/2013/10/11/fat-bombs-and-how-to-make-them/

As mentioned above, try use more coconut or 85% choc instead of Cocoa powder.

These things also dont last long in open air, they liquify damn fast. Chewing on them is easy in that regard, and chasing with some water helps. But I definitely dont really enjoy the flavour.

Had one of these before a 40km ride, and felt good the entire time.

However I find I am lacking any sort of burst energy, or high output for short periods of time without feeling completely buggered. Long distance is great though, but I believe this comes with ketosis...

Is it safe Tom? ie free of trans-fatty acids.

I checked the label and it says pure MCT oil, 90-something percent saturated fat. No mention of trans fats.

does anyone have a current contact for getting UCAN in Cape Town? I've emailed the contact mentioned on the thread a while back and haven't got a reply.

how is that different from this?

http://cdn1.igroup.co.za/dischem/500_500_prods_6009801544748.jpg

Coconut oil is about 66% MCT oil, but it has a lot of other nutrients in it that this pure MCT oil obviously won't have. Most importantly is the fact that coconut oil has lauric and capric acid. Read here why those are so beneficial.

So this shouldn't be seen as a straight substitute for the original cold pressed stuff. More like an alternative for folks who can't stand the coconut oil taste, or maybe for those looking at a good fat-based fuel. Since it's tasteless, and we all know the excellent qualities of MCT oil as a source of fuel, it could be mixed with something else (like coffee/espresso) to make homemade exercise fuel.

I won't be getting rid of my coconut oil any time soon. This is just something else to have in the cupboard.

Coconut oil is about 66% MCT oil, but it has a lot of other nutrients in it that this pure MCT oil obviously won't have. Most importantly is the fact that coconut oil has lauric and capric acid. Read here why those are so beneficial.

So this shouldn't be seen as a straight substitute for the original cold pressed stuff. More like an alternative for folks who can't stand the coconut oil taste, or maybe for those looking at a good fat-based fuel. Since it's tasteless, and we all know the excellent qualities of MCT oil as a source of fuel, it could be mixed with something else (like coffee/espresso) to make homemade exercise fuel.

I won't be getting rid of my coconut oil any time soon. This is just something else to have in the cupboard.

ok thanks. That is the wrong picture I posted though. I have the one that doesn't taste like coconut, but can't find a photo on Dischem website