Easton wheels

JCA12

butted spokes are actually stronger than plain gauge spokes......EA90 if you have the cash.

thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the money rather get the 90's

They are around 140 gms lighter for the set and they are ust ready which is a bonus if you running tubeless.

Just chuck on the tyre with some stans and away you go.

Like wheelerdealer said dont think u need to worry about the strength of these wheels

Same weight as having a poo before your ride.

Except that having that poo is cheaper. :ph34r:

Same weight as having a poo before your ride.

Except that having that poo is cheaper. :ph34r:

140g is a bok drol

you gotta poo properly :whistling:

Rubbish wheels. Poor seals on the hubs, rubbish spokes, lots of proprietary parts.

Have to agree. After sitting without a wheel for 2 weeks and costing me more than 1K, decided to get myself a home servicable 32 hole wheelset.

Hi Hubbers

I've been looking at the Wheel specials CWC is putting up and I am tempted.

I've still got a 26er hardtail, so looking at the EA70 xc vs EA 90 xc.

I'm concerned that, with 24 spokes, these wheels won't be strong enough for me (roughly 95 kg)?

Any advice?

Thanks

Serious - before you buy ask them if they can replace the spokes or if it needs to be send to the agents (which it does) and ask them how much it will cost and what it entail to replace a spoke.

Rubbish wheels. Poor seals on the hubs, rubbish spokes, lots of proprietary parts.

Presies wat my lbs ook vir my gese het.

Johan (and anyone else)

Sorry for all the questions, but can i ask your opinions on the mavic crossmax slr vs st for 100kg rider?

Thanks

It all depends on your riding style and what you want to do with them.

For normal riding the SLR are great wheels but if you going to do anything on the trails or jumps then get the ST.

Hi. It is always very intresting what certain cycle dealers always have to say once a very good specail comes from CWC.

1. In the beginning it was always that what ever we sold was "grey" products with no guarantee. Now that they cant use that excuse any more then they find another one.

2. Now that we have a specail on Eastons they tell their clients dont buy it because the spokes are braking.

3. Then we have a specail on Mavic. What do they say? Do not buy it because the spokes are braking.

4. Then we have a specail on Tacx. What do they say? No guarantee because the official importers - will not service it. News for all of them is that CWC is also the agents for Tacx in South Africa. and no one ever had a problem from us not servicing it or replace it if a problem accure.

5. The moment we gave some stunning deals on Merida they spread the word that Merida is pulling out of the country and soon their will be no agents.

The great thing for CWC will be that if we keep oninging prices down most of the LBS will soon have nothing to sell because of all the crap that they are telling their clients.

Thanks to all those guys and girls that is buying all these specails from us. Much more is on its way for the nexct couple of years

Edited by Chris Willemse

Hi. It is always very intresting what certain cycle dealers always have to say once a very good specail comes from CWC.

1. In the beginning it was always that what ever we sold was "grey" products with no guarantee. Now that they cant use that excuse any more then they find another one.

2. Now that we have a specail on Eastons they tell their clients dont buy it because the spokes are braking.

3. Then we have a specail on Mavic. What do they say? Do not buy it because the spokes are braking.

4. Then we have a specail on Tacx. What do they say? No guarantee because the official importers - will not service it. News for all of them is that CWC is also the agents for Tacx in South Africa. and no one ever had a problem from us not servicing it or replace it if a problem accure.

5. The moment we gave some stunning deals on Merida they spread the word that Merida is pulling out of the country and soon their will be no agents.

The great thing for CWC will be that if we keep oninging prices down most of the LBS will soon have nothing to sell because of all the crap that they are telling their clients.

Thanks to all those guys and girls that is buying all these specails from us. Much more is on its way for the nexct couple of years

No Chris, this is not the marketing section or the ethics section of The Hub, it is Tech Q&A section. We gave reasons why those are rubbish wheels and it has nothing to do with loyalties, grey imports or jealosy. They are rubbish wheels for the reasons stated.

I have ridden 2 sets of eastons, currently riding ea90. On both sets, 26000km - used 2 sets of rear bearings and 4 spokes. I highly recommend eastons.

cooledge are the official importers.

They confirm that your products are grey and they will not honor the warranty.

Where is there a confusion?

If I spend 15k on a trainer...I want backup service.

I called your office and the chappy thatcanswered said cwc would service the trainer...not the agent.

Thats a grey import if I ever heard.

Some may be fine with buying in those channels. I am not.

Edited by Wayne The Badass