Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My tuppence:

If you enter a race, you should be as liable for testing as any pro.

You are responsible for what you take. No excuses.

I suffer from sinuses and take Sinumax. But I am BLOODY careful not to take it a couple of days before an event. Simple.

If it was accidental, then bummer. If it was intentional, the guy IS a d**s.

Either way, it's fair enough of the authorities.

Edited by jmaccelari

My tuppence:

If you enter a race, you should be as liable for testing as any pro.

You are responsible for what you take. No excuses.

I suffer from sinuses and take Sinumax. But I am BLOODY careful not to take it a couple of days before an event. Simple.

If it was accidental, then bummer. If it was intentional, the guy IS a d**s.

Either way, it's fair enough of the authorities.

I think a couple of WEEKEND WARRIOR RACE SNAILS are all Checking the contents of all the Muti they been using before races, if said authority tested a back marker for effect, they def. achieved that and then some

He is in the middle.....I think he took it for medicinal reasons.......

*** that's wayne

It's amazing how quick some Hubbers are quick to jump in and voice their opinion on the guys character based on a profile pic. Are we saying because the guy is well built and has a tattoo that he automatically a doper? If that's the case then do we automatically think the same of pretty much every rugby player in Super Rugby, most footballers, some of our cricketers etc etc? You don't know the history behind why he decided to spend hours in the gym working on his body or why he chose to take up cycling as an alternative sport. You don't know what type of guy he is so what gives any of us the right to call him a typical "gym boy" etc?

It's not like he was out to win any of the races, he was just out there enjoying time on the bike. For those of you who finished ahead of the guy it should even be of concern. For those who finished behind him and it bothers you, I'm really not sure the extra place would have really impacted your life in any big way. The fact that his name has even been made public I think is just bang out of order!! The authorities could have easily ran the story without naming him.

Before all the brave Hubbers out there start with the abuse, can I just say that I am totally against Doping in Sport and that anybody caught doping should be punished. I am sure if given the chance this guy would say the same! All I'm saying here is "play the ball and not the man" here Hubbers!!

I just think this whole thing has done nothing to clean up the sport but has rather been a PR exercise for the authorities! Next time maybe they should concentrate on the sharp end of the race rather than spend all their cash on random back of the field testing!!

He is in the middle.....I think he took it for medicinal reasons.......

Looks like he took the entry Epic in the same vein as his mishap ,it all started with a bet.

I agree with your comment whole heartedly !!!!!It is not about missing the point at all, these damn dopers must be taught a lesson,everybody that dope front, middle or back of filed are ruining the sport! Wake up !!!! Some of you are defending a doper............WTF? Stanozolol will not be found to be present in any supplement, judging by the size of BEEFCAKE sure the Stanozolo flowed freely in veins for a while!!!! More and more cyclists are seemingly doping to enhance the EGO rather than keeping the FUN FACTOR in mind!!!!! HAVE FUN using yor own steam!!!

Hi All,

Havent read the whole thread but there is a common sentiment of "why bother testing the mid to back fielders?"

Here are my thoughts: set the scene.

You train your butt off to complete epic in the top 600, making family and other sacrifices along the way. After 8 days of hard riding you are sitting in 700th place. you feel disappointed, but somehow justify in your head that you need to train harder next year.

Later you discover that 200 people (placings 0-699) where found to have used PED's). So now you actuallly finished 500th, do you feel cheated or will you have the same view of "why bother testing the mid to back fielders?"

I certainly will, irrespective of whether I finish ahead of a doper or behind one, its cheating, and will feel cheated.

I still maintain the largest dopers (users of PED's) are the vet and sub vets as they want to prove to their mates that they are still the racing snake from 20 years ago and can beat the group with zero training!

Its not about race results, but bragging rights who won the weekend race with your mates!

ARE U TALKING TO ME.? YOU MUST BE TALKING TO ME CAUSE THERE'S NO ONE ELSE AROUND. TAXI DRIVER THE MIRROR SCENE

Funny, I did not see the Dangle, he then edited and it does not show the post was edited.

Anyways, the guy is not well built, probably never took cycling very serious till his drunken bet, got a big fright and with some of his gym crony contacts decided to spike himself through the event.

All purely speculative , but based on the profile pic, that's my story and I am sticking to it.