Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

The next paragraph from Wikipedia was left off the quote on the prev page:

"Stanozolol is one of the anabolic steroids commonly used as a performance enhancing drug and is banned from use in sports competition under the auspices of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and many other sporting bodies. Additionally, stanozolol has been used in US horse racing.[1]"

Accidental ingestion seems unlikely. The nature of the conditions it is used to treat would indicate serious consideration by a doctor with understanding of exercise activities and thus the understanding of the need for a TUE. This ain't treatment for a cold.

100% davem, Also this being one of the most Famous Drugs in history, being what Ben Johnson got bust for in the 100m in 1988 Olympics.

However it does treat Anemia, so if you have a lack of iron and your Doc wants to prescribe the Tabs, Are you as a back of the fielder going to First say, "hang on i may get tested here, lets try something Different"

Probably not in the past..

But most of us possibly will now...

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started a course of Stanozolol about 2 weeks ago. Results have been solid

BEFORE

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tl7qmpAAdlE/Tx7yltNcSUI/AAAAAAAABuc/2rjRymlQKnA/s1600/skinny+legs+1.jpeg

AFTER

http://i25.tinypic.com/2w36lx0.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was not just a random test.As said before that would be a waste of money.They must of acted on a tip off.

Not that i have heard, Random Urine Sample, end of Epic Day1

I just started a course of Stanozolol about 2 weeks ago. Results have been solid

BEFORE

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tl7qmpAAdlE/Tx7yltNcSUI/AAAAAAAABuc/2rjRymlQKnA/s1600/skinny+legs+1.jpeg

AFTER

http://i25.tinypic.com/2w36lx0.jpg

STANAZOL CUTS

AND THATS FROM MR DRUG FREE, I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG TILL I SEE YOU HERE?? HOW CRAZY IS THIS???

Indeed.

For me doping is not really about breaking the rules - it's about the effect on other athletes. Whilst I appreciate that the people that came 383 (Barry came 384) might feel a bit hard done by I don't think they will be missing out on any lucrative 2014 contracts.

No harm no foul is my feeling.

Give him a 12 month ban for not asking his doctor the right questions and be done with the whole episode.

If he was a pro or category contender I'd go with the full 24 months (10 years and a hefty cash fine if I had my own way but I guess we have to play by the rules).

No way, damnit Barry, been telling you for years to get off the juice - what's wrong with you??

by the way who is Barry Warmback?

Jip, my question as well.....is he from Warmbad?? if he isn't an Elite racer....WTF??? .....maybe I need to read this tread further......Am I missing something.....why waste money to test a mid pack rider????

Jip, my question as well.....is he from Warmbad?? if he isn't an Elite racer....WTF??? .....maybe I need to read this tread further......Am I missing something.....why waste money to test a mid pack rider????

Not totally related, but some criticism of SAIDS:

Graeme Joffe@Joffersmyboy17m

The SA Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) will not appeal the Mamabolo ‘not guilty’ verdict. Finally some admission of their failures.

Here's we go again... CSA and UCI... so who cares? They are destroying a great sport we once knew... who cares about doping and results at the back of the pack... we ride for fun and UCI is making what used to be a fun outing very complicated... CSA for that matter is expert in double standards.

The rider should at least have been notified and questions asked before this was published. He could be totally innocent, he's a back marker - what does it matter...

Test the pros who make money by doping.

That's why their R6 000 000 doesn't go very far... Like David George said, they need R100 000 000, I guess then they'll be able to test each and everyone...

I don't approve of doping, but I'm pretty sure many of us have unknowingly used a banned substance before. Life's complicated enough, if you have to go out and research every substance your Doc prescribe or weight whatever you take in you might as well stop riding.

UCI is all about money and total control of the sport. http://www.cyclingne...p-oregon-events

We need a new independent MTB organisation in SA who cater for 90% of riders as 90% of riders in SA are there to enjoy and race your buddy and not become pro riders in Europe...

The small Karoo town who once organised a great MTB race as part of their annual festival, attracting 80 or so riders, who actually put in effort for the development of MTB in the local community, and offering a very enjoyable MTB experience, now have to spend half of the income from the race, paying CSA and their official to become sanctioned. The pro who happens to be in the region may not ride according to CSA/UCI...(if they are not sanctioned) - then the CSA official they sent had the witt to even ask if she may ride the race!!! While getting paid by CSA...who takes the organisers money to do it...

That's how many great events, albeit small, die... CSA under UCI banner...

Edited by Brighter-Lights

Indeed.

For me doping is not really about breaking the rules - it's about the effect on other athletes. Whilst I appreciate that the people that came 383 (Barry came 384) might feel a bit hard done by I don't think they will be missing out on any lucrative 2014 contracts.

No harm no foul is my feeling.

Give him a 12 month ban for not asking his doctor the right questions and be done with the whole episode.

If he was a pro or category contender I'd go with the full 24 months (10 years and a hefty cash fine if I had my own way but I guess we have to play by the rules).

Coming in at 384th, I guess Barry would NOT want to do the Epic again!!! Even if he isn't banned!!

No thanks to him, me and my partner still stays 300th!!! Darn, thought we might move up 1 position!!!! :lol:

It probably doesn't make a difference whether he gets banned or not, but if someone knowingly cheats that person should be banned! I don't know how much of a difference these types of drugs makes, but if I train my butt of for 6-12 months, I wouldn't like it if someone beats me because of drugs and not because of better preparation, whether I come in second or 1,000th!

Edited by N-I-N-J-A

That oke weighs 120kg. What is a bit of Bioplus going to do for him, really? He probably took it just to have the energy to get out of bed!