Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Finally got the new trance dirty! I was apprehensive of the big wheels. All I had was a big smile!

I rode mine this weekend too. I found that I immediately felt very comfortable, coming from a Reign.

The bike feels very playful, and steers pretty much as easily as the Reign. Grip is excellent.

Only time will tell if the the wheels hold up to hard riding.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fork also dont feel 100% yet.

I have played around with the rebound etc and just cant get it as I think it can be. I am looking for a bit softer feel, just dont know how to get it there.

Try t o run it a bit softer - the guides on the side are meaningless.

Try it softer, or bring the neg air to just the same or slightly (as in 5 psi max) above the positive. Any more and the stanchions will get sucked down and you'll limit travel.

Must still do a proper sag measure - had no time on Friday - rushed to ride before the rain...left the rear CTD in open on the dh and trail on the tech ups.Fork felt a bit harsh and stiff but that may be because its brand new...

If you switch the rear CTD to climb you should get a little more ground clearance - it seems to reduce the sag a little.

My fork also dont feel 100% yet.

I have played around with the rebound etc and just cant get it as I think it can be. I am looking for a bit softer feel, just dont know how to get it there.

Did you get a dual air in the end?

Cool. What % sag are you running at the moment and what does that equal in mm? (I'm going somewhere with this, your Honor!)

Cool. What % sag are you running at the moment and what does that equal in mm? (I'm going somewhere with this, your Honor!)

:huh:

Ill take my vernier home today and get back to you on that one.

edit: in the two months now I have only got to use about 120mm max of the 150mm...if I dont use more this weekend, then I for sure have to make some changes.

edit: in the two months now I have only got to use about 120mm max of the 150mm...if I dont use more this weekend, then I for sure have to make some changes.

Sjoe... on the S2C you should have at least used max travel once. Sounds like it's either got too much air, or compression damping is running too high.

Sjoe... on the S2C you should have at least used max travel once. Sounds like it's either got too much air, or compression damping is running too high.

No ways! Sani is all uphill!

...or atleast that's what it feels like when you're running on a few hours sleep and 2 bananas :lol:

Setup guide to get the most out of your new fork:

1. Set sag as per normal. On your bike I would guess somewhere between 25% and 30%
  2. From where you are reduce psi with roughly 10%. You will in other words run more sag than normal.
  3. Set rebound to 40% from slowest (Just as a get-going reference)
  4. Ride the bike like this. After about a month (depending on how hard and often you ride) the fork will start feeling too plush / soft. Strangely enough it happens quite sudden.
  5. Reset sag to what you want it to be.
  6. Ride it like you stole it!

By running it softer at first you will use full travel easier and more often, seals will bed and the fork will work through it's full range of travel.

They all break while pedalling. Mine actually broke after I sold the bike. The next guy pedalled the bike a lot more than me.

Could not get a decent pic of the chain side link, but it seems to be virtualy the same as the other side. The MRP guide looks good - chain cant fall off onto the suspension link if it did come off the smaller ring.

I smaak it stukkendt when chicks use words like "vernier" ..........

Don't you dig

I smaak it stukkendt when chicks use words like "vernier" ..........

Don't you dig how this is one 'chick' that actually cares how much of her travel she is using?

Most girls don't know and don't care.

I rode mine this weekend too. I found that I immediately felt very comfortable, coming from a Reign.

The bike feels very playful, and steers pretty much as easily as the Reign. Grip is excellent.

Only time will tell if the the wheels hold up to hard riding.

If by wheels you mean the p-xc2... then no, they wont hold up to hard riding:

post-6552-0-19257800-1370351460_thumb.jpg

Replaced by:

post-6552-0-85975500-1370351483_thumb.jpg

If by wheels you mean the p-xc2... then no, they wont hold up to hard riding:

post-6552-0-19257800-1370351460_thumb.jpg

Replaced by:

post-6552-0-85975500-1370351483_thumb.jpg

Looks like you hit a square edged rock straight on

Archived