Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice intense :)

BTW, is that wooden crate to help someone get in and out of the car :P

Haha, no my wife bought the crate from the Trail Café at GRTP. Very nice cafe by the way, and they have Snapscan!

So, never ever though i would post here. Still not quite sure what i know or think i know about Enduro... nevertheless this bike is really really close to me as its taken me from May '14 when i purchased the frame 2nd hand until about last week i finally completed it.

Tomorrow should hopefully be her first ride, still need some tips on setup.

Let me tell you this, my everyday bike is a Steel Rigid 29er, its my all time favourite. This here is my very first Dual/Full suspension bike. The rear seems very soft and bouncy, my weight is about 63kgs, i've just pumped the rear shock to about 160psi the front taken pressure from my racing bike is about 105psi.

Specs are as follows :

Giant Trance X 29er Small Frame

Suntour Epicon 120mm Fork

Fox Float RP23

Shimano XT ICE Tech Brakes 180mm F and 160mm R

Giant Stealth Dropper Post

Sram X9 Type 2 Long Cage Rear Mech

Sram S100(not sure) Carbon Cranks

Wolftooth 34T Upfront

XT 11-32 Cassette

XT Trail Pedals

Rapide 720mm wide Flat Bars

FUNN 80mm Stem

ESI Chunky Green Grips

Selle Italia SLR Saddle

Maxxis Ardent 2.25 Upfront and Bontrager EXP 2.20 Rear

Enjoy!!!

post-8906-0-06567400-1421947410_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-99433200-1421947422_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-96854700-1421947446_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-26523200-1421947497_thumb.jpg

Those ztr decals look really good! I wonder who made them :)

Kudos to tyerone, he's a top bloke. Decals were amazing [emoji12]

So, never ever though i would post here. Still not quite sure what i know or think i know about Enduro... nevertheless this bike is really really close to me as its taken me from May '14 when i purchased the frame 2nd hand until about last week i finally completed it.

Let me tell you this, my everyday bike is a Steel Rigid 29er, its my all time favourite. This here is my very first Dual/Full suspension bike. The rear seems very soft and bouncy, my weight is about 63kgs, i've just pumped the rear shock to about 160psi the front taken pressure from my racing bike is about 105psi.

Specs are as follows :

Fox Float RP23

Wolftooth 34T Upfront

XT 11-32 Cassette

XT Trail Pedals

FUNN 80mm Stem

ESI Chunky Green Grips

Selle Italia SLR Saddle

Enjoy!!!

Bike seems good to go, I don't know how grippy that ardent on the front tyre will be (Although Graves does damage with ardent both back and front), only time would tell. I'd say swop the front out for a minion DHF, and move the ardent 2.25 to the rear.should be an excellent combo

Hopefully now i will get to ride with you more often on some All mountain excursions...

Bike seems super awesome though, and congrats on completing the build.

Bike seems good to go, I don't know how grippy that ardent on the front tyre will be (Although Graves does damage with ardent both back and front), only time would tell. I'd say swop the front out for a minion DHF, and move the ardent 2.25 to the rear.should be an excellent combo

Hopefully now i will get to ride with you more often on some All mountain excursions...

Bike seems super awesome though, and congrats on completing the build.

Where to find Minion DHF 29er in CPT?

Last time I checked Crown cycles had some, not sure I if it was 29er though. Aggressive 29er tyres shouldn't be too hard to find, aggressive 26 inch tyres are like hens teeth these days.

Last time I checked Crown cycles had some, not sure I if it was 29er though. Aggressive 29er tyres shouldn't be too hard to find, aggressive 26 inch tyres are like hens teeth these days.

Good luck finding aggressive 29er tires not much choice in the good ol RSA they cater for the race snakes only.

Just stick your pride in your pocket and go into a Spez shop, give them R500 and leave with a Butcher for your front. Job done ;)

P.s. Any reason why running an 80mm stem over 60/50mm?

Specs are as follows :

Fox Float RP23

Wolftooth 34T Upfront

XT 11-32 Cassette

XT Trail Pedals

FUNN 80mm Stem

ESI Chunky Green Grips

Selle Italia SLR Saddle

Enjoy!!!

Hey Meezo,

Glad you finally got the bike built up.

At 63kg you should be running closer to 140psi.

Usually take your weight in pounds & pump the shock to that. (63 x 2.2 = 138.6)

If it bottoms out (,but not harsh bottom out) once or twice per ride just up the psi by about 5psi.

If it bottoms out regularly or harsh-ish (notice the hyphen :P ) then go up by 10psi.

If it feels bouncy then dial the rebound slower.

Depending on Fox / RockShox I run around 60 - 80% (towards slowest) rebound.

When you go up in pressure you have to use more rebound to balance the 'bouncy' feel.

Just make sure it's bouncy & not just the pure bliss of the Maestro suspension.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy!

Archived