2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

Not sure what he weighs but prob between 65-69

Hard to believe he can be that heavy. Berto' race weight is supposedly 62 and they are equal in height. Unless he carries more weight in muscle cause he ain't got an ounce of fat on him.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the year 2020 and we're into the final week of the Tour de France. What are the odds that this will be the Top 5 on GC?

Carlos Alberto Betancur Gomez - Colombia (23 yrs)

Rohan Dennis - Australia (23 yrs)

Rafal Majka - Poland (23 yrs)

Thomas Damuseau - France (24 years)

Wilco Kelderman - Netherlands (22 years)

Huge emerging talent we have among the current crop of lighties.

It's the year 2020 and we're into the final week of the Tour de France. What are the odds that this will be the Top 5 on GC?

Carlos Alberto Betancur Gomez - Colombia (23 yrs)

Rohan Dennis - Australia (23 yrs)

Rafal Majka - Poland (23 yrs)

Thomas Damuseau - France (24 years)

Wilco Kelderman - Netherlands (22 years)

Huge emerging talent we have among the current crop of lighties.

Yeah, indeed, was thinking the same while watching today, super young talent coming through and a lot from countries outside Europe, the traditional stomping ground for young riders.

Yeah, indeed, was thinking the same while watching today, super young talent coming through and a lot from countries outside Europe, the traditional stomping ground for young riders.

I forgot to include Taylor Phinney - USA (22 yrs).

Who else is there?

I forgot to include Taylor Phinney - USA (22 yrs).

Who else is there?

Reinardt Janse van Rensburg - RSA (24 yrs)

Had to feel sorry for Dennis, he really put his back into it today.

I was a little disappointed today, it was hardly very exciting, but well done to Froome, he did what he had to and frankly he had to take yellow today.

Rodriquez was a disappointment, but he always has a bad day somewhere and maybe today was it, hope so, theres not much time left and he is way down on GC.

Never write 'Berto off, he did a big jump today to 13 position from 34th yesterday and the race aint over, I am almost 100% certain he will try again.

I also Fancy Valverde for a good result come month end, always ready to attack and try, just like 'Berto he takes the racing to the other riders and his form looks very good right now.

Rodriquez punctured at the bottom and Rolland had a crash, not sure thats the reason why they missed out. Valverde tried to attack.

Peter Sagan, 23

Andrew Talansky

Can't believe I missed your boy :blush: . He's been around so long it's easy to forget he stopped wearing diapers only last week.

Agree on Talansky as well (24 yrs).

Rodriquez punctured at the bottom and Rolland had a crash, not sure thats the reason why they missed out. Valverde tried to attack.

Oh, okay, I must have missed that bit, I thought he got shelled when Katusha stopped chasing. My apologies.

To all Contador haters.. He was never found guilty of doping. He was found guilty of ingesting a miniscule level of a banned substance that the Court of Arbitration said had been in contaminated food supplements/gel that he and his team doctor didn't pick up. When an athlete tests positive he has the burden to say how the substance got into his body... Similar to past banned Springboks. Because the Boks guys correctly identified the source and mistake, they got off, because Contador could only show it was a mistake but misidentified the source he was found guilty.

Well since he has stopped taking contaminated supplement/gel, he has not been as explosive. I think people are just stating what they have been seeing.

I am an admirer of Contador but I have to admit he is not as explosive as he was. It could be the break, it could be simply age and it could be a change in, shall we say diet.

Still he always has a go and rides with spirit. It doesn't always come off, it doesn't come off as often as it used to but no one can relax with him around.

He hasn't gone off the boil as much as the nerdy brothers from Luxembourg.

Great to see the attack from Froome.

Im not a Conto hater. I admired him for demolishing LA in 2009, while under extreme pressure. However, only a fool would think he was not on the same blood doping program as all the other riders were under Bruneel. Imo he got bust for trace elements of stuff he took in training, that was left in his blood bag - like Landis he got bust after leaving the Bruneel dope machine - the new doctors were not as good

Edited by Christie

Let's rather leave the doping discussions at the door of the dopers' thread?

It is great to just enjoy the dynamicism of the racing highlights, the stages, team strategy and focus on that.

Of course, of course, it is well-known that the credibility of PRO cycling is shattered and in slow repair.