Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A clean Windows 10 installation later, and Wolfenstein: The new Order runs great (compared to somewhere between nearly unplayable and don't-bother, previously). Going to keep installed programs to a minimum until I've finished everything with this game engine (so, Rage and Wolfenstein: Old Blood, possibly the new Doom)

Interested to see if Fallout 4 is also better now.

PC upgrade delayed :)

Edited by HdB

So the wife and I went to one of the local malls yesterday, and I had to pay BT Games a visit, just for some browsing. The missus saw Red Dead Redemption 2 on the shelves, she wants us to get it as she played the first one on PS3 a few years ago, but #2 is only available on PS4 and Xbox One :cursing:

So the wife and I went to one of the local malls yesterday, and I had to pay BT Games a visit, just for some browsing. The missus saw Red Dead Redemption 2 on the shelves, she wants us to get it as she played the first one on PS3 a few years ago, but #2 is only available on PS4 and Xbox One :cursing:

I thought RDR2 is only coming out mid 2018? Would give you some time to save up for that PS4/Xbox1....

Currently playing RDR1 for the first time, loving it  :thumbup:

I thought RDR2 is only coming out mid 2018? Would give you some time to save up for that PS4/Xbox1....

I love grand theft horse! It's about time Rockstar made something new instead of milking GTAonline.

Ah, I've just phoned BT games and it was the pre-order box they have on their shelves :blush:

Would love a PS4, will see what happens in 2018.

Edit: with the price of the games for Switch, I don't think I'll be able to afford games for a PS4 as well :oops:

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

A clean Windows 10 installation later, and Wolfenstein: The new Order runs great (compared to somewhere between nearly unplayable and don't-bother, previously). Going to keep installed programs to a minimum until I've finished everything with this game engine (so, Rage and Wolfenstein: Old Blood, possibly the new Doom)

Interested to see if Fallout 4 is also better now.

PC upgrade delayed :)

Maybe look at a cheap 128gb ssd for your windows?

There should be some decent Black Friday specials

Maybe look at a cheap 128gb ssd for your windows?

There should be some decent Black Friday specials

Already have one, just a tad larger - got a 480GB for a good price from Kalahari.com, a few months before they merged or whatever with Takealot.

I definitely need to upgrade... everything but the GFX, which is still good.

RAM is still DDR3, CPU is a few generations old, and the PCI Express slot is a generation behind the Radeon R390.

But for now, with the weird sluggishness fixed, I'll wait a bit and do it properly when budget allows.

Already have one, just a tad larger - got a 480GB for a good price from Kalahari.com, a few months before they merged or whatever with Takealot.

I definitely need to upgrade... everything but the GFX, which is still good.

RAM is still DDR3, CPU is a few generations old, and the PCI Express slot is a generation behind the Radeon R390.

But for now, with the weird sluggishness fixed, I'll wait a bit and do it properly when budget allows.

I’m doing my pc now with Black Friday coming up.

I’m a firm believer in tiny C drive just for windows and main apps(maybe steam) and then about 6TB in secondary drives

But pc parts are waaaay more expensive than I remember them. 10k for a gtx1080????

With my current setup I can run AC origins at 100fps BUT 1 ram slot on my mobo is faulty so every now and then the pc bluescreens and I’m worried about permanent damage.

So not doing much resource intensive stuff on the pc atm

Edited by Jurgens Smit

Starcraft II has gone free to play on Battlenet.

I still need to play it. I have it installed but haven't had a go on it yet.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have lost Hope with COD WW2. I am so pissed. I waited for almost an hour to get into a lobby to play last weekend online. So when myself and a couple friends decided to start a private lobby and play against each other, no one could connect. All of our NAT Types are Open. So I googled "Unable to Connect to Host COD WW2" And there were pages and pages of people having the exact same problem with no solution.

So I switched off COD and played Ghost War. Much better with no problems at all.

For those of you that haven't heard, EA has got the most downvotes in reddit history for their lootcrate and pay-to-play system in Battlefront 2.

Calculations based off of the average person playing 2hours a day would take that person 6years to unlock all the in-game content. * if you never spend any physical cash on the game.

Plus, in game rewards has a cool down system. Say you earn 100 credits in round 1, round 2 you'll earn 90, round 3 - 80 (these are just examples) but it seems they are capping the amount of credits you can earn 500 per 24hr period

Edit - 500 credit cap seems to be only on arcade mode and not online multiplayer if I understood correctly

Edited by Jurgens Smit