CSA / PPA. The Heat is on

madmarc

no , i wasn't sarcastic and never will be. but i get your point.

Very dangerous word that one...... ;)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don't understand.

Loads of people happy to pay PPA R250 a year. Not a rip off. The R75 a year for CSA is too much money?

I kind of like the R75 thing. Hope PPA stays where it is. Happy with the races up here as they are. Don't race in the Cape so PPA means zip to me

HappyMartin have you even bothered reading most of the comments !!! I will pay PPA R1000 a year because they are involved with what I DO !!! Commuting , fun rides bla bla bla !!!!

R75 per year to CSA is nothing! R6,25 per month! What is the problem? We need to see more of our riders in Tour de France....

Plus all the CSA officials and their mates that will attend via a Business Class flight...

Maybe also look at how the USA send athletes to Olympics etc. Sponsorship's are sourced privately and they are given by companies because they can gain something from it. How many companies in this country have walked away from sponsoring sport due to the mismanagement of funds and very scant returns for our athletes?

"Unlike most other nations, the United States does not have a sports ministry. The USOC was reorganized by the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act, originally enacted in 1978. It is a federally chartered nonprofit corporation and does not receive federal financial support (other than for select Paralympic military programs). Pursuant to the Act, the USOC has the exclusive right to use and authorize the use of Olympic-related marks, images and terminology in the United States. The USOC licenses that right to sponsors as a means of generating revenue in support of its mission"

Edited by slabs

R75 per year to CSA is nothing! R6,25 per month! What is the problem? We need to see more of our riders in Tour de France....

And you think CSA will deliver? :ph34r:

And you think CSA will deliver? :ph34r:

CSA should show us what did they do with the money... We have the rights to know what happened to the money...

HappyMartin have you even bothered reading most of the comments !!! I will pay PPA R1000 a year because they are involved with what I DO !!! Commuting , fun rides bla bla bla !!!!

Actually I bothered to read all the comments. Have you ever bothered to try to see someone else's point of view?

Actually I bothered to read all the comments. Have you ever bothered to try to see someone else's point of view?

Not really . Should I ?

if you don't know when and how (and most importantly WHY) PPA & SACF amalgamated to form CSA then i suggest you stop commenting on this thread.

So obviously you can't answer the question, because you don't know either......BTW I started this thread so best you shut it and leave.

Your comments and opinions have been so all over the place, do you still remember what this thread is all about!!!!

FOCUS dude FOCUS

Ok lets start again . I don't mind paying BUT over are the days when we pay for nothing . We already got Scamral trying to steal our money and it's time we demand some service . And I really don't care how many bikes they gave to their comarades or how they will send two people to the BMX champs . Theres enough money to do that and also get involved with cycling in the country .

CSA needs our license money so they can send William Newman to have his salad tossed by LA bribe-taking, positive test burying, soon-to-be ex-UCI president Pat McQuaid.

Does anyone know where I apply for a refund for my contribution?

I'll also start again.

I don't see CSA responsibility as taking care of commuters and cycle lanes. That is not the sport of cycling. That is transport and should be handled by the relevant government bodies. Yes I know that it's not happening but that is a whole other debate. Your average bike commuter is not a committed cyclist. He is just going to work and if he had a car would most likely never ride a bike again in his life.

I support efforts to get our young riders into international cycling. I am quite happy that my money goes on this type of thing.

I am of course not happy with wasted money and corruption but we need to fix this. Not give up on the whole enterprise.

And for those that call the people that license and race competitively wannabes. That's total rubbish. It's a sport like any other. We do it for fun. We do our best. It's not a wannabe thing. Do you think every golfer is a wannabe pro? Some of us just enjoy the racing and the trying. Like those efforts I see in the photo thread. I don't call all those people wannabes. They are doing just fine and enjoying themselves.

So in short. I support the promotion of cycling as a competitive sport in all ages and categories. I believe we need an umbrella organization to facilitate this. I hope it can be CSAbut I realize they are not all they should be. I hope it can be fixed.