What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

I picked up the first two seasons of Banshee for cheap. Watched the first this weekend. Lots of nookie, swearing and fighting. And a neutered albino. But kinda unremarkable as a show. Started season 2. Is it actually any good?

Saw Arrow box sets too. Anyone watched it? 

I loved the first season of Banshee.

The 2nd season seems to take the sting out of the plot though. If you can bare sitting through some of the occasional filler content and semi decent side stories they use to make up the 40 minutes in an episode. Its worth watching though. They explore the darker side of some of the other characters and some of what happens really blurs the lines between good and bad, friend and foe. Mmh, I just realized I wanna start season 3 now.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/chiller-slasher-fb.jpg

I've been enjoying this little gem for about 5 episodes now.

Its pretty straightforward. Like those old school skrik maak horror flicks in a series form.

Enough macabre violence to make your skin crawl without being distastefully gory or disgusting. The story line and character development is pretty one dimensional, easy to follow and maybe even a little predictive but it gives nothing away. It keeps you guessing despite leaving almost no room for unexpected twists. 

Its great fun to watch though. The nail biting moments are juvenile enough to make you snuggle up and hold on to your significant other. The eerie soundtrack really deserves a mention. Spine chilling and used appropriately times, more to explore the psychological side of character presentation rather than predicatively laying it on thick when the murderer makes an appearance. Watch this one with a good sound system and the lights off.

I predict that its appeal will be lost towards the end of the season. The fun seems to get watered down as you become desensitized by the killers on screen appearances. 

But for now I recommend it for some late night viewing.

walking dead this season was an absolute bore except for the final ten minutes...they must be desperate

I Agree 100%

Fear the walking dead started last night for those who care....S01 ended ok...so hopefully it will be better than that its boring mother series

Vinyl is still kicking major butt

Billions has become bearable

and I am digging Better Call Saul

I am finding vikings a bit of a bore fest

Fear the walking dead started last night for those who care....S01 ended ok...so hopefully it will be better than that its boring mother series

Vinyl is still kicking major butt

Billions has become bearable

and I am digging Better Call Saul

I am finding vikings a bit of a bore fest

I'm loving Vinyl more than anything else right now.

Better Call Saul comes a close second.

I'm loving Vinyl more than anything else right now.

Better Call Saul comes a close second.

I am so glad they are giving the Chelsea hotel its due's...when i visit New York, it will be one of the first places i visit..its status is just too iconic in the rock and roll world

chelseacelebrities.jpg

I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel,

You were talking so brave and so free.

Giving me head on an unmade bed

While the limousines wait in the street

And those were the reasons and that was New York

I am so glad they are giving the Chelsea hotel its due's...when i visit New York, it will be one of the first places i visit..its status is just too iconic in the rock and roll world

chelseacelebrities.jpg

I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel,

You were talking so brave and so free.

Giving me head on an unmade bed

While the limousines wait in the street

And those were the reasons and that was New York

leonard cohen

There's a series on Netflix called Doctor Martin, it's hilarious :)

Please tell me the main character at least wears the boots ;) (yes, I know, different spelling, but I still liked my joke :P )

Anybody watched The Detour. Saw the first episode. Looks like it could be quite funny.

Please tell me the main character at least wears the boots ;) (yes, I know, different spelling, but I still liked my joke :P )

Anybody watched The Detour. Saw the first episode. Looks like it could be quite funny.

Hardly, he's in a grey suit all the time. watch it I think you might like it. Dry and wry :)

Like a British House.

Well if you want to get technical (and I do) the actor who plays House is British ;)

Um No, never mind...confused I am. Just watch it.

Edited by Uni