What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

So I'm still stuck in my nostalgia phase. Finished the first season of Magnum PI. I'm not sure why people assumed that Magnum was loaded. Private Investigators did not earn that much. Not even in the 80s. Higgins was house sitting for some billionaire. And Magnum was just freeloading at the house Higgins was looking after. The Ferrari was never his. Guess most folks never watched the pilot. Or just plain forgot.

I'm looking for a show that aired in the 70s. Possibly 80s in South Africa. It was called Rich man Poor man. No luck finding episodes online. Just snippets on youtube.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm still stuck in my nostalgia phase. Finished the first season of Magnum PI. I'm not sure why people assumed that Magnum was loaded. Private Investigators did not earn that much. Not even in the 80s. Higgins was house sitting for some billionaire. And Magnum was just freeloading at the house Higgins was looking after. The Ferrari was never his. Guess most folks never watched the pilot. Or just plain forgot.

I'm looking for a show that aired in the 70s. Possibly 80s in South Africa. It was called Rich man Poor man. No luck finding episodes online. Just snippets on youtube.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Come on we all knew that..[emoji23][emoji23]

But do you know who Higgins really is/was[emoji6][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Loved that show..I have the series on DVD[emoji23]

I remember Rich man Poor man, have you watched North and South yet?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

My mum bought the "Rich Man Poor Man" novel in London for our flight to JNB when we first ever went to live in SA. They confiscated it at SA customs because it was on the banned list, then a month later it came on SA tv!

1976 . . . .

Finally got to see the last two episodes (S3) of The Fall.

One sick f*** - including the lawyer/solicitor that thinks he’s capable of getting someone off on a technicality.

Reminds me of the drivers that are guilty of hitting/killing a cyclist/pedestrian from behind, while intoxicated, but has a cunning lawyer that gets them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed watching Burden of Truth . 10 ep series. In general, i enjoy limited series. Writers forced to be creative over a compact arc, not an arc that milks all the cash cows in the known universe.

Not sure if someone has mentioned A series of unfortunate events? I’m digging the whole fairytale vibe of the series.

Finished the second season of Better call Sol. Love it. Can’t wait for three.

It's available already. Season 4 out in July

homeland is pretty hot right now. Best season so far , though I imagine it would not be difficult after the borefest season 6.

Gen.. Did some sightseeing the other day.. This one is for you... Recognise it?8c5d375c45442e42dca097a44845557e.jpg

KATTEGAT?

that is really beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nope...streaming illegally

Or you can watch though Amazon prime for $25

Hahaha! Eish. Hope it comes out on Netflix soon then.