What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

HAPPY! (WOW) 

The Alienist. (meh)

Family guy. 

Call my agent. (french show cause the wife is learning the language) 

Ugly Delicious. (a show about food!) 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And as for old Boetie who was on the Border and then became a Hollywood baddie with a Clint Eastwood accent… He and Bosch shmaak each other NOTHING.

I kept waiting for him to start doing that whistling thing he did on GI Joe.

dont know if its been mentioned here but we've been watching Weeds.

About 4 seasons in already, it does kind of hook you in.

Impulse: youtube series. damn good.

Gave this a spin last night with the intention of watching the 1st episode ... ended up watching to episode 3 and then had to force myself to stop watching.

I'm a sucker for good storytelling and the Kiksuya episode of Westworld is a brilliant example of exactly that: Good storytelling. Don't think I've seen an episode of any other series recently that so perfectly and beautifully tells a tale.

I'm a sucker for good storytelling and the Kiksuya episode of Westworld is a brilliant example of exactly that: Good storytelling. Don't think I've seen an episode of any other series recently that so perfectly and beautifully tells a tale.

i dont know, maybe I was never in the right state of mind, but near the end of season 1 westworld just irritated me with its story, i then started watching the first episode of season 2 and switched off half way through.

Will have to give it another try some day.

Gave this a spin last night with the intention of watching the 1st episode ... ended up watching to episode 3 and then had to force myself to stop watching.

I was able to watch the first three episodes on Youtube and now the remainder show as unavailable ... anyone else find the same issue?

I was able to watch the first three episodes on Youtube and now the remainder show as unavailable ... anyone else find the same issue?

Probably on youtube RED, which is a paid subscription service./ 

Probably on youtube RED, which is a paid subscription service./ 

so they rope you in then get you to subscribe ... it would be a good/std tactic for them to use, but they just show it as unavailable instead of linking you to the Red option for payment.

Started watching the 2006 Friday Night Lights series made by Peter Berg, because there's not much on TV I'm interested in at the moment. I'd always heard it was good but never thought I'd enjoy a drama series about Texas high school kids playing American football. So glad to be proven wrong!

Scary thing is how much it reminds me of going to high school in Pietersburg in the late 80s. The clannish behaviour, the conservative, morally superior attitudes, the religion that pervades everything, the obsession with rugby...

Scary stuff. Fortunately Berg is good enough to keep the story flowing and doesn't allow the series to get bogged down or overly preachy. Only halfway with the first season but so far, so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Was really disappointed in the first few episodes of Luke Cage, but it's really picked up. Still my favourite marvel Netflix jobbie after Punisher. But punisher is..... Next level.

Oh. Also binged The Rain. Thought it was very good, but a bit too.... Angsty.

Edited by Cptmayhem