What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Started watching the 2006 Friday Night Lights series made by Peter Berg, because there's not much on TV I'm interested in at the moment. I'd always heard it was good but never thought I'd enjoy a drama series about Texas high school kids playing American football. So glad to be proven wrong!

Scary thing is how much it reminds me of going to high school in Pietersburg in the late 80s. The clannish behaviour, the conservative, morally superior attitudes, the religion that pervades everything, the obsession with rugby...

I absolutely loved FNL, it is one of my all-time favourite shows. Actually, I should watch it again. Thanks for the reminder!

Just started watching Happy! with a mate this week. Goodness gracious what in the hell is going on!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely loved FNL, it is one of my all-time favourite shows. Actually, I should watch it again. Thanks for the reminder!

Just started watching Happy! with a mate this week. Goodness gracious what in the hell is going on!

Stay on track! It's fecking hilarious and extremely refreshing. Definitely rewarding.

I find the lead actor to be absolutely excellent. Spot on with his mannerisms. Grunts and facial expressions on point.

Edited by Cptmayhem

Was really disappointed in the first few episodes of Luke Cage, but it's really picked up. Still my favourite marvel Netflix jobbie after Punisher. But punisher is..... Next level.

Oh. Also binged The Rain. Thought it was very good, but a bit too.... Angsty.

I got about 3/4 of the way through episode 1 of season 2 and threw in the towel. I just can't find a reason to care about Luke Cage. I just don't feel like there's a story to tell (same as the weak 2nd season of JJ). 

Think many of the critics are right - the 13 episode Marvel's Netflix seasons are simply just too long. Drop that down to 7 - 8 episodes and tell a tight, focused story. 

Stay on track! It's fecking hilarious and extremely refreshing. Definitely rewarding.

I find the lead actor to be absolutely excellent. Spot on with his mannerisms. Grunts and facial expressions on point.

Oh yeah no, don't make a mistake, we are absolutely loving it. Totally agree on Meloni's performance, his bewildered look totally does it. Hilarious!

and it was....

:mellow:

The usual mistake: Stretching a story that would fit in 8 episodes to 13 episodes. I'm a huge superhero fan but I watched the first 3 episodes, then got bored and decided I'll finish it later. Still haven't gone back to finish it.

The usual mistake: Stretching a story that would fit in 8 episodes to 13 episodes. I'm a huge superhero fan but I watched the first 3 episodes, then got bored and decided I'll finish it later. Still haven't gone back to finish it.

yep. same sentiment. they did the same thing to JJ. Daredevil less so as far as I can remember.

that said, the story of Mariah Scarey was interesting, and the one arc that was decently fleshed out. Felt genuinely sorry for her hardship. But her character is genuinely one of the scariest on TV atm.  She's a like one of those dogs that have very cute faces, but will rip your throat at on a whim.

Edited by Capricorn

100 Code: thoroughly enjoying the show, but ran outta eps <_<. Very keen to see how it pans out. Swedish sounds so unfamiliar to my ear, i'm almost tempted to learn it. :P

In the absence of the above, started watching Secret City staring the ever delightful Ana Torv. Aussie/US production, so will be interesting to see her speak her native tongue ;)

boilerplate style synopsis. sBut there's something about judgements and covers.  ^_^

Beneath the placid facade of Canberra, amidst rising tension between China and America, senior political journalist Harriet Dunkley uncovers a secret city of interlocked conspiracies, putting innocent lives in danger including her own.

Edited by Capricorn

i really enjoyed Secret City. A very bingeworthy series. I see season 2 has a greenlight. good stuff!

Could not watch Punisher, as I can not watch Jon Bernthal. I thried, but I just can't do it.

Nothing specific, just in general an actor I dislike.

Could not watch Punisher, as I can not watch Jon Bernthal. I thried, but I just can't do it.

Lol

I enjoyed it... the character is one tough cookie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I really enjoy westerns (even those set in modern day), so just started watching Yellowstone (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4236770/).

First episode is very good, and second one is teed up.

But why on earth do the networks launch a series with 2 weekly episodes then take a 2 week break?

I didn't like him much in Walking Dead, but thought he did a good job as the Punisher. Then I saw him in The Accountant and he was amazing in that role. What clinched it for me was when I saw more than half his posts on Instagram are of him and and his Staffy. Any man who likes Staffies can't be all bad!

Edit: Beg yer pardon - went to check and I think it's a pitbull, not a Staffy. 

Edited by Readsalot