Are you part of a club?? Absolute FLAMING

Guest Heino

Guest Heino

FLAME ON!

I thought we join clubs for camaraderie, support, group rides among others... I seem to be mistaken. Clubs seems to want to USE and ABUSE the members' willingness to give and or help. It is always about US helping them... or what I can do for THEM... Where as the club president snaps fingers and does NOTHING... there is clicks in our club and some get invited to rides whilst others don't... first we were too slow, then we became too fast, then I sponsored the club, I got back into the "click" group, then when

I closed my hand to helping with sweep vehicles and sponsoring a few things BECAUSE I REALISED I AM BEING USED, I got "kicked out" of the cool group again...

It is pathetic to say the least.

If you see a big guy on the West Coast riding on his own, that's me!

I'm the D##S that rides on my own and have an open heart to help and give! Don't be fooled by the users! ITs all about what others can gain from being a member of a club and not what we can give to the club in helping the club grow, or taking cycling to the people who would love to start cycling... The funny part is since I have stopped giving money and helping with vehicles NOTHING is happening... So funny... :oops: I will spend my money on charities and help the needy, instead of feeding a lazy club president with all the work, commitment, time and effort and get nothing in return??? I do not do things to get anything back, I would just like to be invited to group rides... As much as I am a supporter of this sport, I have so much to offer, and since Im offering, why don't the thick skinned MOFO just take what he can???

There is absolutely no communication and then on a ride on my own I see a group approaching me from the front, guess who it is... my so called club that I belong to... And I was mistakenly overseen, sorry buddy... AM I TOO GOOD FOR YOU! OR ARE YOU OFFENDED BY ME? Typical that I am an average rider in a general bunch, since me and the wife have become good (The best in the club) we have put a few frowns on the faces of the "old" club leaders or winners if you will... I will start my own club FOR THE PEOPLE! I now fully understand why political parties are so childish and run to start a new party... F them! I will make a difference, person for person one by one!

All of the suckers have Blackberry phones, so there is this group, I have an iPhone and apparently I'm an outsider because of this fact... I mean come on....

PATHETIC!

I am bitter, I need Prozac, yes I know!

And now... watch this space!

FLAME OFF

:)

Edited by Heino

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in Cape Town, it's all about cliques, who you know and what they can do to make you cooler / better / more fabulous.

I've never known an city like it for being so 'proper' but so unfriendly. Just an outsiders view.

I'll get my flame proof coat as well.

Cycling is a bit of this all over. However I just hooked up with a bike shop that organizes rides for all levels (Big problem) we are sorting this out. However we have a backup vehicle, however everyone that pitches up for the ride pays a fee towards the BV to cover costs. It is informal, no club, just like minded dudes wanting to get it done.

Granted not ideal with the different levels, however we are working on this, I Hope. As I said before it is all by way of consensus. so it SHOULD work out.

Shocking behavior from fellow cyclists if you could even call them that. You are better off without that Heino. Name the club so other don't fall victim to this type of discrimination.

Guest Latent Blue

I couldnt keep up with the op...

Get a new club then, no?

Guest Heino

On the west coast there are only two clubs... Now u are closer to guessing who it might be... Will stick to my own company on The road and trails.

Edited by Heino

Guest Heino

Ha ha. Prozac power pops is what I will call the club...

Edited by Heino

Guest Smimby

On the west coast there are only two clubs... Now u are closer to guessing who it might be... Will stick to my own company on The road and trails.

Surely not the CD crowd. They have iPhones.

:-)