Rant - Craft sale Epic gear.

Wyatt Earp

Interesting thread, I'll admit to it that I bought a 'Craft 2012 Finisher' shirt (although the finisher is spelt finnisher). Honestly though when I bought it I was under the impression it was some form of Supporters cycling ****. Had the logo, was a nice black and colorful branding. I liked the look of it, cost me R800 and when it arrived from Cape Town and I saw it said on the sleeve "Epic Finnisher 2012".

At first it never concerned me much and thought, oh we'll the shirt looks cool, cost me a **** load I'm going to wear it. It wasn't tell I was on a group ride that I had endless queries on "how was the Epic... how did you do... which was your favorite day...???"

I then realized what an arse I looked wearing a completion shirt of the toughest MTB race in the world...

Needless to say, my 'Garden Technician" Moses seems to have no such problem cycling home to Mamalodi on Saturday afternoons in an R800 cycling shirt...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a fellow club member wearing an Epic finisher's jersey on the road last weekend. He does not even own a MTB. Maybe he received it as a gift from his missus.. Nice jersey. I wonder if they come in XXXL???

Huh!!! you serious!!! I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 club members having a word with him soon.

on a side note I did see a heap different of craft epic shirts for sale in a well know sth'n 'burbs bike shop. Most of the range. Seems like craft are off loading everywhere to claw back some coin.

The problem imo is that the kit was offered for sale in the first place, it should have been given. Entry fees for 3 Epics is a lot of money spent. The club for 3 time finishers cant be such a great market, not all of them will buy lots of the kit.

on a side note I did see a heap different of craft epic shirts for sale in a well know sth'n 'burbs bike shop. Most of the range. Seems like craft are off loading everywhere to claw back some coin.

Shops that bought it are a bit silly.

The problem imo is that the kit was offered for sale in the first place, it should have been given. Entry fees for 3 Epics is a lot of money spent. The club for 3 time finishers cant be such a great market, not all of them will buy lots of the kit.

Yea fully agree. It should be exclusive and a sort of "earn the right thing"....CE and Craft dropped the ball bigtime on that. Still have huge respect for anyone that is part of that club though, they don't need a stupid craft t-shirt to prove it

Can someone post a link to the sale, I want to get some epic kit

A whole lot of Craft Epic kit at Solomons in PTA north. I've managed to build a whole wardrobe up with all the years I haven't cycled the Epic. Now I just need some calve implants to go with the kit.

Don't know what the problem is about the shirt. If you don't have the Epic sticker still on your bike you didn't do it. :whistling:

Hopefully if everything goes to plan I can wear my Epic 2014 finisher’s shirt with pried next year

Money talks... Screw honour.

Really foolish to wear a shirt / jersey and not having completed the challenge.

Edited by ' Dale

A whole lot of Craft Epic kit at Solomons in PTA north. I've managed to build a whole wardrobe up with all the years I haven't cycled the Epic. Now I just need some calve implants to go with the kit.

and then wear it while cycling on your road bicycle.

Money talks... Screw honour.

Really foolish to wear a shirt / jersey and not having completed the challenge.

A discussion right here on this here 'ub a while ago came to the conclusion that the converse is also true :ph34r:

The coolness of "I am an xyz finisher" shirt is debatable. I have never seen a "TDF finisher" or a "Giro dItalia finisher" shirt. Must be a recreational rider phenomenon, there should be a big market for "Argus finisher" kit......

Hat...coat....door

;-)

Edited by Christie

The coolness of "I am an xyz finisher" shirt is debatable. I have never seen a "TDF finisher" or a "Giro dItalia finisher" shirt. Must be a recreational rider phenomenon, there should be a big market for "Argus finisher" kit......

Hat...coat....door

;-)

Agree with you! The euro pro riders operate at different level. So what if you finished the tdf or giro. In their world it is not a big deal. For the rest of dust feeders (I am generalizing) at the bottom it is more about the bragging rights than the actual accomplishment. You are proud about your accomplishment but it is equally important that people know about it...............sort of mentality