Sani2C 2014

Blits

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Joberg2c prices shot up by almost 40%. I'm expecting the price for Sani to do the same.

2014 joberg2c will cost you R14400 per rider.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but last year it cost R13500 per rider!

Not sure where you get the 40% from?

2014 joberg2c will cost you R14400 per rider.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but last year it cost R13500 per rider!

Not sure where you get the 40% from?

I was under the impression Joberg2C was just over R10k per rider this year. I could've gotten my lines crossed. Apologies for that.

I was under the impression Joberg2C was just over R10k per rider this year. I could've gotten my lines crossed. Apologies for that.

Some math challenges I see. :)

No worries :thumbup:

I got a bit worried when I saw your post.

At least Joberg 2c are keeping the price increase at a fair rate.

No worries :thumbup:

I got a bit worried when I saw your post.

At least Joberg 2c are keeping the price increase at a fair rate.

are we sure about last year's price? didn't the solo entries go up by 3k or something?

There will be a 4th Sani2c added for next year.

i don't think it is a good idea. The event is oversubscribed IMO. Yes, they will make sure everything runs smoothly, but the vibe is not the same anymore. Farmer Glen used to be out on the trails, cheering people on and even lending a hand on some of those steep climbs. He used to be involved with the prize-givings etc. The race is now so big that he barely sleep, if at all, just to make sure things are ok.

Look I think Farmer Glen does a splendid job, nothing against him. I also think the race should be on everyone's bucket list. That being said, If you've done a couple of Sani2c races you'll know what I mean.

From what I can gather, a fourth event is out of the question due to helper fatigue.

Edited by beanz

i don't think it is a good idea. The event is oversubscribed IMO. Yes, they will make sure everything runs smoothly, but the vibe is not the same anymore. Farmer Glen used to be out on the trails, cheering people on and even lending a hand on some of those steep climbs. He used to be involved with the prize-givings etc. The race is now so big that he barely sleep, if at all, just to make sure things are ok.

Look I think Farmer Glen does a splendid job, nothing against him. I also think the race should be on everyone's bucket list. That being said, If you've done a couple of Sani2c races you'll know what I mean.

JAAAA I DIDNT EVEN GET MY PIC WITH HIM THIS YEAR BULLSHEET I SAY, I GOT 2 NICELY FRAMED AND UP ON THE WALL THIS YEAR ZIP NADA NOTHING 100% AGREED

From what I can gather, a fourth event is out of the question due to helper fatigue.

talking about fatique, I don't think them toilets can handle another odd 650 teams... :nuke:

JAAAA I DIDNT EVEN GET MY PIC WITH HIM THIS YEAR BULLSHEET I SAY, I GOT 2 NICELY FRAMED AND UP ON THE WALL THIS YEAR ZIP NADA NOTHING 100% AGREED

yup, he wasn't there when we finished the race. My finish line photo is a photo of my sani2c partner and me, and some fat chick with a very skimpy bikini in the background :blink:

So to summarize there shouldn't be a 4th event because Farmer Glen wouldn't be able to play cheerleader for everybody :eek:

I can't deny that there is some of the X-factor lacking when Farmer Glen is not around the trails & campsite, but with 1000s of people on the waiting list sentimentality is not a good enough reason NOT to do a 4th event.

With all respect to an amazing man, I didn't do the Sani2C to experience Farmer Glen, I went for the mtb'ing. I say if they can handle the logistics, bring on the 4th event - a brilliant idea...