Sani2C 2014

Blits

Was easy to see who was in the race.....Camel Bak = Adventure....no camel bak+ Muddy with rain jacket= Race

Big adventure that... Carrying sleeping bag, pillow, shower, sink... some of those bags were enormous.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big adventure that... Carrying sleeping bag, pillow, shower, sink... some of those bags were enormous.

As this year was my first, I was muddy WITH a camelbak in the race. :)

Just watched the 2013 highlights... What the hell do you okes carry in all those massive Camelbaks?!...

As a first timer, I have to confess that I went completely overboard with carrying food and STUFF with me. For next year, I'll know the water tables are EPIC and you don't need all that jazz with you.

The Lowveld Quest was also our 1st stage race (ride) we prepped for months bought a brand new Ospray filled with everything we though and were told we would need. space blanket, first aid kit, tubes, tools, food 3 L energy drink. We took so long to complete the 1st stage we nearly didn't make for the start of stage 2. and we were hammered, when i weighed the flippen thing it weighed 5kg's :eek: kind of negated the 10kg's i lost to do the ride.

So we turfed everything, shoved 1 bottle on bike, 1 bottle in middle shirt pocket basic tools in left pocket, food in right pocket and taped 1 tube to the seatpost with 4 bombs taped to various places on the bike. Filled 3 ziplock bags with 32GI and refilled at the water points, used the food at watwer points as well.....sorted......

we flew like pro's on stage 2

Never again will i ride with a Camelpak

Looks like my race snake buddies had me well prepped! Water bottle and basic tool and cell phone.

Saw guys with jackets and camelpak...think their mommies packed in a lunch.

Interesting to chat to a amateur racing snake, Epic & Sani. Quite a bit of kit in his bag including a spare chain and gear cable. A few grams better than a dnf he reckons.

ok last one...and then i am done

I did my 6th one this year - going to skip next year and let a friend use my entry...

I dont have the excitement for it anymore, not sure why - maybe if i skip a year it will come back..

It is still the best race to do though, not dissing it at all ;-)

I did my 6th one this year - going to skip next year and let a friend use my entry...

I dont have the excitement for it anymore, not sure why - maybe if i skip a year it will come back..

It is still the best race to do though, not dissing it at all ;-)

i have done trail and race...maybe i should do adventure this year!