Sweet craving

I find the best way to avoid eating this stuff is by making myself a deal for each item...

So if I want a chocolate bar, I can only have one if I ride 25kms...If I'm too lazy to ride, then I don't deserve the chocolate.

II dint think there's anything wrong with these things. Remember your body will often crave things because of a deficiency it has. But of course, if you're like me, I can't stop at a block of chocolate... It has to be the whole slab... And that's why I can't climb hills fast;)

But seriously. Treat them as rewards for hard work and it makes me feel less guilty!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy the big tub of nuts from woollies. I just like a little snack while watching tv. Keeps me busy.

Love nuts too, but 50% fat makes them the not-so-little snack.

Managed to wean myself onto Lindt 85% & get through a couple of squares of that a day, its good with greek yogurt and banana; & I have a tame cardiologist who'll write a certificate that its good for me, esp if accompanied by red wine. So, no choice really.

How do you handle them? I eat chocolates every night...

Whats the best substitute?

Fudge.

get a box of sweet seedless grapes an put them in the freezer. Enjoy when the craving strikes.

no need to thank...

Chocolate cannot be substituted... ever.

I also have my 'little' chocolate helping every day :blush:

try grapefruit... :blink:

Start a penalty box, when having a choc deposit R10. Or put the money you would have spent on buying the sweet in the box. Before you know it you have a little extra for the bike. Have a cheat day once a week where you binge, no penalty imposed.

get a box of sweet seedless grapes an put them in the freezer. Enjoy when the craving strikes.

no need to thank...

I have tried that. Was very lekker

i luckily do not have a sweet tooth...

beer is an entirely different story...

AUP

(another useless post)

mmm beer (homer simpson)

Reckon that if I drink only or mostly water I can eat as much sweet things as I like.

http://www.brusselspictures.com/wp-content/photos/BelgianWaffles/BelgianWaffles.JPG

http://www.how-to-do-a.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pancakes.jpg

http://www.saltpigcanteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/carrotcake.jpghttp://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_284/12148466546Gb78j.jpg

How do you handle them? I eat chocolates every night...

Whats the best substitute?

Hey Jacques

There is a good reason for this.

I may be able to help you with thi. Please drop me pm and I will discuss further with you.

Main reason most of us have cravings is as a result of a lack in protein intake.

If you are serious about this please pm me and I will gladly assist you with this.

Cheers

Leonard

Cola bottles... Trulli ones work a treat.

Truthfully, I eat what I eat and I race how I race. Yup, if I drop 10 kgs I could be faster, better, leaner but I could also be a sour, obnoxious, obsessed tool as well. I ride, I race, I cook, I eat good food, ride good times, I drink good wine and I love good produce (choccy croissants included). Life is too short to eat food that you don't love... or to worry about it.

If I was a pro racer then I'd worry about it. I was, and I'm not now.