Rant: Development riders involved in theft of bikes at Knysna race

Cassie

Agree with Slowbee here... for the link to a development team to be credible you (or the source article) should really name and shame.

Many development riders I've met and come across on the trail are riding old model bikes (and doing very well on them!) and are considerate and very courteous.

Ryan, i doubt they would steal the bikes and ride them

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Slowbee here... for the link to a development team to be credible you (or the source article) should really name and shame.

Many development riders I've met and come across on the trail are riding old model bikes (and doing very well on them!) and are considerate and very courteous.

This part says it all "Upon arrival, they found the team members and coach busy loading the bicycles onto a trailer. A search of the trailer led to the recovery of all three bikes."

Ryan, i doubt they would steal the bikes and ride them

That's not what I'm saying. The point is, with reference to one vague article, guys are slating development teams in general. Not really a fair reaction. Edited by Ryanpmb

This part says it all "Upon arrival, they found the team members and coach busy loading the bicycles onto a trailer. A search of the trailer led to the recovery of all three bikes."

umm called an assumption.

Most team youngsters have coaches.

Exactly... so who is the team? are they a development team? Isolate it and target the culprits. Don't label all development teams.

wait wait, I know. Mountain bikers ride on private land. All mountain bikers are trespassers. Let us ban mountain biking. flippen heck !

*I wait for the reports to start flying in ......

Must be a Knysna thing, during the last Stage of the Knysna 200 last year my partner and I came across some kids from the local sports school that benefits from the race dragging a felled tree across the track.

When they spotted us they clambered up the embankment and started pelting us with stones when we were forced to dismount to climb over the tree.

Crazy!

Must be a Knysna thing, during the last Stage of the Knysna 200 last year my partner and I came across some kids from the local sports school that benefits from the race dragging a felled tree across the track.

When they spotted us they clambered up the embankment and started pelting us with stones when we were forced to dismount to climb over the tree.

Crazy!

it's all that boom they smoke in the forest there. fecking hippies.

Someone's got the big tarring brush out - must be Friday.

Eldrons logic is sorely needed.

wait wait, I know. Mountain bikers ride on private land. All mountain bikers are trespassers. Let us ban mountain biking. flippen heck !

It is only trespassing if it says so...

Exactly... so who is the team? are they a development team? Isolate it and target the culprits. Don't label all development teams.

If one cyclist rides like a tjop we all get the blame....same case here....anyway I am not going to debate this. I know which development team I have seen at the event so...

couldn't find link on their site. lots of other current articles up there..edit. it's posted earlier.

is this the actual trailer??looks more like a police pound than a racing team

http://www.georgeherald.com/img/acltn20130704-070355-102_u0.jpg

Edited by Shebeen

It is only trespassing if it says so...

If one cyclist rides like a tjop we all get the blame....same case here....anyway I am not going to debate this. I know which development team I have seen at the event so...

So... name them. Then everyone knows who we're talking about. In one sentence you've highlighted an issue of casting general blame yet in the same sentence you refuse to stop this scenario taking place in this instance...?