Tyler Hamilton and Discovery health

SFDT

Get Inspired at the Discovery Vitality Summit

Save the date, book your seat: Discovery Vitality Summit – Get Inspired from 15 to 17 August 2013

Venue: Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton, Johannesburg

Since 2002, the Vitality Wellness and Fitness Convention has been a huge success. The 2013 event – Discovery Vitality Summit – is going to be even more exciting. For the first time ever, this cutting-edge wellness conference is open to everyone. So you and everyone you know can be there to soak up the knowledge shared by leading thinkers.

Register now at www.vitalitysummit.com!

You can also stand a chance win a ride with Tyler Hamilton on 16 August 2013. Read on for more details.

Discovery Vitality Summit will host speakers, tracks and entertainment aimed at you!

Here's what's happening:

15 August 2013 – Headline speakers, debates and the wellness and fitness expo

• Adrian Gore, CEO of Discovery Limited, will discuss the importance of 'Making a healthier nation' and the role of Discovery Vitality.
  • Dr Brian Wansink, American professor in consumer behaviour and nutritional science and author of 'Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think', will share information about 'Mindless eating and mindless solutions', why we get fat and the influence of advertising on the world's eating habits.
  • Tyler Hamilton, former American professional cyclist in Lance Armstrong's team and New York Times Best Selling Author of 'The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs', will ask the question: 'What is the true price of winning at all costs?' and talk about 'The power of truth'.
  • Prof Tim Noakes, professor of exercise and sports science, will discuss 'Believing in the Outcome'.
  • Dr Derek Yach, former professor of Global Health at Yale University and Executive Director of the Vitality Institute, will educate us on the good, the bad and the ugly of 'Sugary Drinks'.
  • Tim Plewman, a South African actor, dancer, humorist, director, writer and producer who is well-known for his theatre role in "Defending the Caveman" and author of 'Fitness for Old Farts', will entertain as he takes us on his journey to address the serious subject of achieving fitness and flexibility for a longer life.
  • Dr Ross Tucker, Senior Lecturer with the University of Cape Town's Exercise Science and Sports Medicine Department will lead a session on how knowledge has evolved with technology. He will explain how the internet has changed truth and knowledge, and what it means for exercise and health.
  • The Sports Celebrity Panel will discuss leadership lessons from sport.
  • A wellness and fitness expo will showcase the latest in technology and wellness.

Read more about the speakers here.

16 August 2013 – Themed tracks of public interest, on nutrition, personal training and more led by professionals in different fields and the wellness and fitness expo

• Themed tracks: this will include a public interest track that centres on topics like exercise training tips and weight loss, and targeted tracks that focus on nutrition, Biokinetics, kids, corporate wellness, personal training, coaching and high performance and sports medicine. Look at the themed tracks here.
  • The Drug Use and Sports Supplementation Panel will talk about drug use and supplements in sport and other interesting happenings in the industry.
  • A wellness and fitness expo will showcase the latest in technology and wellness.

WIN a ride with Tyler Hamilton on 16 August 2013

Give us the name of Tyler Hamilton's bestselling book and you'll stand a chance to win a ticket worth R15 000 to ride with him around one of Gauteng's most famous heritage sites – the Cradle of Humankind. If your name is drawn and your answer is correct, you'll join Tyler and 30 other cyclists on a 40km ride where you'll have the opportunity to engage with him and ask him any questions you would like to know.

Send your answer to Vitalitycompetitions@discovery.co.za before 31 July 2013. Read the rules of the competition here.

17 August 2013 – Group exercise training activities day for all audience members

• Group exercise training activities will focus on practical exercises run by local and international speakers covering the latest trends in aerobics, spinning, mind or body, and group fitness classes. Spots for each session are limited, so book early.

Cost:

Three-day pass (15 to 17 August): R1 500 for each ticket includes access to the expo

One-day pass to group exercise training on 17 August: R700 for each ticket.

If you want to attend the Discovery Vitality Summit, please register here. For more information, email info@vitalitysummit.com or call 0861 786 001.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Regards

http://www.discovery.co.za/email_za/mailers/images/signatures/craig_nossel.jpg

Dr Craig Nossel

Head of Vitality Wellness

http://www.discovery.co.za/email_za/mailers/images/footers/vitality_summit_footer.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

win a ride withTyler Hamilton through Discovery, just found this interesting?!

I would certainly attend if I lived in Joburg. Might even try arrange a business meeting or two. A ride with Tyler Hamilton would be most interesting if you ask me.

I would certainly attend if I lived in Joburg. Might even try arrange a business meeting or two. A ride with Tyler Hamilton would be most interesting if you ask me.

But would you pay R15 000 to ride with him?

But would you pay R15 000 to ride with him?

Probably not. That amount of money could be better spent on new components or Fire's cause. But I might just enter for the lucky draw though.

Even if I was in Johies I would not support this. Purely based on a comment made by (can't remember exactly who) one of the top female cyclists when this book came out. She stated, and I think it's very true, that he'll most likely now go on and make more money by selling a book about drugs than she will earn in her entire career, racing clean.

But that's just my feelings.

But does this include EPO and blood transfusions along the way? Or do you have to supply your own?

But does this include EPO and blood transfusions along the way? Or do you have to supply your own?

Depends on your Vitality status! :lol:

Depends on your Vitality status! :lol:

Discovery will say they cover it, but the cost would probably come out of your medical savings account in any case :(

Bought his book, liked it but won't spend any more money on him. What will his talk be about? How Lance bullied him into doping? What is the best way to dope? How sorry he is and that it is totally wrong and nobody should do it?

For *** like that I will borrow my mother's Sarie, Rooi Rose or Huisgenoot