Froome Voooom

HeyYou

Hey have you heard there is an face on Mars put together by people who lived there?

http://moonconspiracy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mars_face.jpg

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez this whole thing is beginning to sound like a conspiracy theory - cobbled together pseudo facts.

In my opinion Chris and Sky are clean, they have use sports science and wisdom based on talent, commitment and ability to achieve these results. Dave Brailsford's integrity is beyond question.

you should post this under "friday funnies"

Here's how Brailsford made use of Froome's 'natural talent' at the 2010 Giro. That's GC superstar Greg Henderson he has donated a wheel to.

Even the guy's own mum voiced her doubts about his bike racing ability.

http://cyclingweekly.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/11141/000003945/9868/giro-2010-st10-HENDERSON-FROOME.jpg

At the end of the day I guess you have to smile a little for how he is showing everybody.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I'm just assuming that they are all still as dirty as hell, just a bit smarter about testing etc. That way I can enjoy the spectacle and not be surprised and outraged when the positives shows up in a week or 2's time.

The thing I find interesting here is when one looks at what was achieved by the doping in the past is that the gains where not so great as to be super human, yes they did give an advantage that enabled the cheats to win but their actual performance averages etc.. compared to our current highly trained and scientifically managed athletes at the end of the day where not massive only sufficient to give them the required edge they still had to have started out with a very good ability and pedigree to get into the upper ranks of the sport, yes in some cases it turned better than average riders into top riders , they are in the minority, but a rider with a good pedigree and the right genes should be able to achieve similar standards without cheating and CF's times and results are within that area of a top class rider and not inconsistent with any other top group of athletes involved in other sports . The fact that his times are good overall but not extrodinary or exceptional nor are they above any of the past convicted dopers on average lends credibility to him being clean, his strength is in TT and climbing and his results show in those disciplines not the sprints. Look at the past convicted and suspended dopers still riding, hopefully they are now clean as they are targets for intensified testing, they are still performing very well at a high level but not where they where in the past, that is the only real comparison we can use to judge now as these few guys who have returned do give us the ability to measure their prior and current performances.

CF last year showed his pedigree he barely broke a sweat on some of those climbs with wiggins in fact we all saw him sit back and wait and drive again and again when needed, so why doubt him this year when he has free reign to show his true colours - give him a chance. To me by putting Contador and Kantana in their places early on before the big alps climbs he is taking a lot of pressure off himself by creating self doubt in the opposition, hopefully he has not over done it and left himself too tired with the big climbing stages ahead - only time will tell the race isn't over until the final finish line is crossed. Knowing the sports ability to retrospectively test and advancement in science any rider doping has to be an idiot but someone will always try and beat the odds sadly that will also mean bad publicity but hopefully the pure riders will prevail.

"“My team-mates and I have slept on volcanoes to get ready for this, we have been away from home for months training together, working hard to get here. Here I am being accused of being a cheat and a liar, and that is not cool."

Yoh - sounds reminiscint of someone else. "I'm sorry you dont believe in miracles"

I have no idea if Froome and Sky are clean or not. Other than they say they are. Every doper, with the exception of David George I think, has denied being a doper, even when caught.

But their willful disregard for the rules on Mont Ventoux in handing out musettes under the 10km to go banner, an action obviously planned in advance, shows that they are not as pure as they would want us to believe.

Small indiscretions surely grow into bigger indiscretions over time?

his strength is in TT and climbing and his results show in those disciplines not the sprints

I am writing to Brailsford now to suggest Chris trains his sprint. The fans deserve more!

I am writing to Brailsford now to suggest Chris trains his sprint. The fans deserve more!

Ok if Froome wins the green jersey too then I'm just gonna scream and giggle like a little girl. Do you honestly think he can do it?

Its actually sad that Froomes amazing performance is over shadowed by doping allegations, I understand where they stem from but its still crap, he's being judged purely because of the sports history which isn't fair.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I hope I never have to eat humble pie but I believe he is clean.

In a TT there are two variable. Power and wind resistace. Wind resistance matters a lot because it's exponential. Weight doesn't matter at all because it's carried by the bicycle and the road (for the most part) is flat. More power equals faster - that is why TTers tend to be more muscular and heavier. Martin is 76kg - Fabian is 80something.

On a climb there are two variables: Power and weight. Wind resistance matters only slightly because speeds are lower. More power + LESS WEIGHT = faster. Froome weighs 69kg. That immediately gives him a 10% advantage over Tony Martin ie: Tony Martin has to lay down 10% more power than Froome to go the same speed.

Power when viewed in isolation is meaningless - your "power is still power" statement is meaningless if it doesn't take wind resistance and weight into account.

thank you and yes I agree - quite obviously weight is a factor in climbs and not really in (flat) time trials. I don't think I said otherwise...

Anyway, at the risk of flogging a very dead horse, for a given weight and aero profile, having an exceptional ability to sustain power on a climb will improve your ability to sustain power on a TT. This is why the top GC riders tend to also be in the top 3 or 4 TT'ers... Froome is the rule in this regard, not the exception...

Its actually sad that Froomes amazing performance is over shadowed by doping allegations, I understand where they stem from but its still crap, he's being judged purely because of the sports history which isn't fair.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I hope I never have to eat humble pie but I believe he is clean.

Well farkin said

I bet that other Christopher from the 1400's felt the same as CF does now

thank you and yes I agree - quite obviously weight is a factor in climbs and not really in (flat) time trials. I don't think I said otherwise...

Anyway, at the risk of flogging a very dead horse, for a given weight and aero profile, having an exceptional ability to sustain power on a climb will improve your ability to sustain power on a TT. This is why the top GC riders tend to also be in the top 3 or 4 TT'ers... Froome is the rule in this regard, not the exception...

Exactly why Quintana and the other lighties need to catch a wake up and stop believing that they cannot TT, granted maybe not in the league of the musclemen like FC and TM, but close enough