Froome Voooom

HeyYou

Do not shoot me for my opinion but this is not just in Froome's case:

Funny that a person trains his ass off, work himself up in the ranks, spend his own $$$, no support from Africa then when a guy makes it big the country wants to take credit. Did CSA or any Kenya federation helped him regarding his training or support to go and race overseas, nope!?

At least SA got good coverage from him and his performance! :thumbup:

Don't get me started about the USELESS CSA, very happy PPA successfully showed them last week that leisure riders in the Western Cape won't be bending over for government mouthpieces.

Edited by Brogue

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vroom va va voom boooom vroooooom, everyone else eats his rubber.

In the wake of "Live Wrong", and others since, the sport in general and the tour in particular are under the spotlight. It would be pretty stoopid to dope with WADA potentially waiting for him to take a leak after every stage and the glare of the world's media monitoring his every move.

Well he did race the one Olympics as a Kenyan rider. SA got equally good coverage from Impey too. :thumbup:

You sure? I think he rode World Champs for Kenya but not Olympics.

“There is no reason to doubt about Froome. He is a professional rider who has been performing at a really high level all year, and I think that his results are the fruits of the work he puts in and nothing else..."

Contador

Outch, I'm not sure I'd want Alberto to come to my defence :ph34r:

Why is everyone so obsessed with Froome. He is NOT SOUTH AFRICAN!!! He was born in Kenya, Africa, so it does not make him South African. And yes he spent his childhood here, Who cares, he is a Kenyan Pom now...!!!!!!

(So anyone born in africa are now South Africans if he does well in a sport... Common)

The Only South African at the Tour Is "IMPEY" look at the flag next to his name!

We will see in a few months time like all the other greats, if he is on something, it will come out... And then all the SA Froome supporters will probably then say "I knew it"!!!!

Why is everyone so obsessed with Froome. He is NOT SOUTH AFRICAN!!! He was born in Kenya, Africa, so it does not make him South African. And yes he spent his childhood here, Who cares, he is a Kenyan Pom now...!!!!!!

(So anyone born in africa are now South Africans if he does well in a sport... Common)

The Only South African at the Tour Is "IMPEY" look at the flag next to his name!

We will see in a few months time like all the other greats, if he is on something, it will come out... And then all the SA Froome supporters will probably then say "I knew it"!!!!

And Gary Blem… :thumbup:

from a cycling perspective he is South African, as this is where he started racing, so he had all the excuses all the other guys have used for so long, you know, so far form Europe, too expensive to go here and try make it, he raced on local teams like konica etc. so he came form the same school so to speak as all the current local pros yet somehow he made the leap......thats whats fascinating and interesting form a south African perspective,

You sure? I think he rode World Champs for Kenya but not Olympics.

think he rode mtb and ITT for Kenya at the commonwealth games.

they all on something, it may not even be band at this stage, the science behind the drugs is 5 to 10 year ahead of the testing.

I like watching Froome. It is the cycling equivalent of X-Men or maybe Spiderman. When the geeky kid who had sand kicked in his face, suddenly realises - despite looking like a dork and being the skinniest kid in the playground, he now has the power to PK anybody at will.

I like watching Froome. It is the cycling equivalent of X-Men or maybe Spiderman. When the geeky kid who had sand kicked in his face, suddenly realises - despite looking like a dork and being the skinniest kid in the playground, he now has the power to PK anybody at will.

And gets the girl :clap:

The bad guys are amazed and the public gang up on him, but nobody can get to the bottom of it, because what we are seeing is the byproduct of some strange new technology or nuclear accident, the likes of which has never been seen before.