Have I been ripped off???

JCG1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the feedback

Currently busy editing all the BRAKESETS to say NO ROTORS OR ADAPTORS INCLUDED.

SRAM (Avid) only had those pics available as marketing jpegs. but I will search for some that shows no rotors.

Want me to photoshop them out for you?

Evobikes always good service. Online websites like that offer good value for people who know about bikes and wanna save money. If you are somewhat ignorant, you go to a shop where there are people who's job it is to help you buy what you need; BUT.. you pay more for the product because they have bigger expenses. Evobikes is very good at what they do.. you get good deals on stuff without all the interaction.

I checked in the shop yesterday...the boxed Avid brakes included rotors, bolts and a torx tool.

:eek:

Bet you they weren't as competetively priced as some online shops though...?

<insert sarcasm emoticon here>

I think that the email reply to the OP was abrupt and quite frankly a little rude. If there was ambiguity on the site, Evo should have just given away one set of discs, and then OP would be completely happy, and probably would have gone back and spent more at Evo in the future.

Why must the customer have to compromise for the shop's mess-up?

I, for one, will most likely just shop somewhere else after reading this story - I don't like admin.

I think that the email reply to the OP was abrupt and quite frankly a little rude. If there was ambiguity on the site, Evo should have just given away one set of discs, and then OP would be completely happy, and probably would have gone back and spent more at Evo in the future.

Why must the customer have to compromise for the shop's mess-up?

I, for one, will most likely just shop somewhere else after reading this story - I don't like admin.

Agreed. Take it as school money, advertising costs and give him the rotor THEN go back and fix the site. Also take note of post by Tumbleweed above. OEM doesn't imply rip-off!

• 7 months later...

I have not followed the entire thread, but yes you have been ripped off.

Your Ritchey Carbon post you shared in the other thread is a fake.

Thx for the feedback

Currently busy editing all the BRAKESETS to say NO ROTORS OR ADAPTORS INCLUDED.

SRAM (Avid) only had those pics available as marketing jpegs. but I will search for some that shows no rotors.

I've never dealt with Evo bikes before but I did not like the tone of the email you sent to your customer. It has kinda put me off your company. I would have preferred if you apologized upfront for any confusion the picture might have caused. You have missed an opportunity.

Just my view point.

I've never dealt with Evo bikes before but I did not like the tone of the email you sent to your customer. It has kinda put me off your company. I would have preferred if you apologized upfront for any confusion the picture might have caused. You have missed an opportunity.

Just my view point.

I can without hesitation recommend you to Evobikes. I support them well and have only had extremely efficient and outstanding service. Janos always makes time to understand what it is what you want/need and then helps you to make an educated decision. They are one of the, if not the most competitive LBS in my area. I would go so far as to say that ill buy goods from them even if their pricing is not the best at the time, just because of the way they treat me as a client and understand what I want. In fact I have done so recently when purchasing a new helmet. They also make good on mistakes that occur, and lets be honest, mistakes do happen from time to time. Don't let this thread put you off, give them a try.