PPA Annual General Meeting 2013

Icycling

PPA has a development budget (quite a large one) from which this entry should then have come. At no point has it been disclosed that development will be subsided by the teams entering - so if a development team won the competition would they have got zero prize money? And prize money then paid out to the 1st paying team - to hide behind "development' here is possibly not the right thing to do!

Considering the league according to the budget current stand at R25 033 profit not to mention the money PPA has as an association - if not fraudulent - then certainly not wise to deny your more active members who enter all the event in advance (so not that fortunate if it rain just stay in bed) of a few thousand rand?

I'm not justifying it, just pointing out where it possibly could've gone wrong, if there is no other logical explanation.

I agree with you whole heartedly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The AGM is tonight, why not go along and vote for some new people on the Exco if you want change?

There are 10 candidates for 6 positions, 5 current Exco members and 2 past members are standing for re-election.

I am standing.

Rob - I don't think all the Hubbers or PPA members on here know you, so perhaps you would like to make a speech? Merely mentioning your name here shouldn't get you votes!

Yup thats the man as in Booth bike - he will be 1 of the guys getting my vote - PPA need new blood on the committee and as a CA who is passionate about cycling he should be able to do some good work! I also noticed he has been nominated by somebody who is not on the committee but did serve on the committee about 15 years back. I always find it more credible when non committee members nominate people for the committee be it them re-standing or new nominations.

Yup thats the man as in Booth bike - he will be 1 of the guys getting my vote - PPA need new blood on the committee and as a CA who is passionate about cycling he should be able to do some good work! I also noticed he has been nominated by somebody who is not on the committee but did serve on the committee about 15 years back. I always find it more credible when non committee members nominate people for the committee be it them re-standing or new nominations.

Vouching for the man is good enough for me, because I know you to a degree.

I'm still trying to get round that they spent almost the same for mtb projects as they did on their garden.I'm not fooled by the"we in it for the cyclist" line.Ppa is a business and there to make money.If you look at the statements and compare what they put into cycling and what their salaries and investments are it's shocking.

I'm still trying to get round that they spent almost the same for mtb projects as they did on their garden.I'm not fooled by the"we in it for the cyclist" line.Ppa is a business and there to make money.If you look at the statements and compare what they put into cycling and what their salaries and investments are it's shocking.

Not quite yet, Stringbean - PPA have set aside money for Tokai amongst others, as part of their MTB spend. THe money just hasn't been spent yet so wouldn't have shown up in their statements.

committee might be passionate about the sport but they need to motivate the office staff to be more proactive.

any news on the AGM

PPA AGM FEEDBACK: NEW COMMITTEE

Congratulations to the following six PPA members who were voted onto the PPA Executive Committee at the last night’s annual general meeting to serve until 2015: (in alphabetical order) David Bellairs, Rob Booth, Lance Burger, Steve Hayward, Rens Rezelman and Robert Vogel. They join the following five members who still have one year left on the committee: Niel Cilliers, Robin Hunt-Davis, Zaakier Jacobs, Riaan Meintjes and Shayne Ramsay. One (or more) additional member(s) will be co-opted onto the committee for a one-year period. The office bearers (chairman, vice-chairman and treasurer) will be elected at the first committee meeting early in October.

Breaking news!! We're super excited about the new racing! But unfortunately with these storms and rain the Cape has been experiencing we've had to move this weekends race! "New Roadworks" there will be a Lights by Linea training ride Sunday thoo, the new dates will be released shortly

The dates you have all been waiting for:

15th September. Stellenbosch 130km

28th September. Allée Bleue. 160km

5th October. Pardeberg 170km

12th October. Allée Bleue 160km

26th October. Pardeberg. 170km

Icycling can we perhaps post the races in another thread, because this was supposed to be about the PPA and discussions surrounding that?