MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a race... Lorenzo setting a blistering pace at the start, but ultimately it was too blistering - for his tires.

Pedrosa's weight and riding style really came to the fore today, given how his tyres were less damaged by the end. But - Rossi was there, yet again. Managing his pace, the ever tactical doctor. Knowing that if he pushed too hard in the beginning, his tyres would go off too soon.

Loved it. 

Also loved the fact that Crutchlow got his spot...

What a race... Lorenzo setting a blistering pace at the start, but ultimately it was too blistering - for his tires.

Pedrosa's weight and riding style really came to the fore today, given how his tyres were less damaged by the end. But - Rossi was there, yet again. Managing his pace, the ever tactical doctor. Knowing that if he pushed too hard in the beginning, his tyres would go off too soon.

Loved it. 

Also loved the fact that Crutchlow got his spot...

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Yeah awesome race, Pedrosa was phenomenal today!!!

Rossi also found something in Q2 yesterday which seemed to help him, Pity it turns out it that that "something" was in fact Lorenzos data. Not the first time either thinking back to the infamous wall situation before he tucked tail to Ducati.......

Rossi also found something in Q2 yesterday which seemed to help him, Pity it turns out it that that "something" was in fact Lorenzos data. Not the first time either thinking back to the infamous wall situation before he tucked tail to Ducati.......

Sauce?

If so, wonder why Lorenzo couldn't make the same data work too...

Sauce?

Read it in an article somewhere, but the commentators also refered to it. That Lorenzo was a bit miffed about it, given how close the WC is you can understand. Did all the hard yards afterall.

Rossi will probably win the championship this year, everything seems to be leading to that conclusion. Still hope it goes down to the wire, Pedrosa seems set to be the fly in the ointment too.

Phillp Island has never been kind to JL, whereas Rossi was alsways there and thereabouts when Stoner won his 6 in a row. Marquez also flies around PI and should be fit by then.

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-admits-he-was-lucky-to-pick-up-lorenzos-tow/

Lorenzo, who secured a fourth pole of the year, meanwhile said he would have to think more carefully about strategy in qualifying in future.

“It’s a bit of a pity, even though I was on pole position because I was always fastest with a little gap,” said Lorenzo.

“But then [Yamaha] improved the setting of the bike which will have helped [Rossi] to improve the laptime, and then on the second tyre following me helped him to be a little bit faster.

“We made a little mistake with the strategy and we have to learn from it, learn to be more clever in future.”

So Yamaha suddenly found some changes and only Rossi managed to improve evwn though Lorenzo was the rider who was streaks ahead? Sound right???

I suppose depending on who you are supporting, you would read it differently.

IMO, I think at the time(Qauli), HRC had both bikes quite well placed and the dukes were flying, whereas Yamaha needed to save face with Rossi down the field.

Funnily Lorenzos smooth style may have shot him in the foot, carrying more speed would increase the load and create heat which destroyed the front tyre. Got his strategy wrong it seems.

Im glad HRC got the win on their home track.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

What were those aerodynamic improvements for Lorenzo.... 2 little black fins in front of the fairing?

I wonder if those did not contribute to his front tyre wear in the long run...?

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-admits-he-was-lucky-to-pick-up-lorenzos-tow/

Lorenzo, who secured a fourth pole of the year, meanwhile said he would have to think more carefully about strategy in qualifying in future.

“It’s a bit of a pity, even though I was on pole position because I was always fastest with a little gap,” said Lorenzo.

“But then [Yamaha] improved the setting of the bike which will have helped [Rossi] to improve the laptime, and then on the second tyre following me helped him to be a little bit faster.

“We made a little mistake with the strategy and we have to learn from it, learn to be more clever in future.”

Nothing interesting here ^_^ ....Rossi pipped him where it counts most......on Race day :clap:

What were those aerodynamic improvements for Lorenzo.... 2 little black fins in front of the fairing?

They ran them in Aragon too.

Did you see the Dukes sporting 2 sets of wings!!!

What next, propellor engines......

They increase down force. I believe they probably compounded his problems.

But it was mainly the dry line forming after him going out guns blazing that sealed his fate...