MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon they should drop the appeal and make their own versions of it. 

I think it's more nuanced than actually having the part, as to how Ducati came to be allowed to use the part.

From my best understanding and from what I've read, Aprilia came to Danny Aldridge with spoilers on the side of the swingarm and it got shot down as the rules said you're not allowed to affix anything to the swingarm that generates downforce.

Now Ducati rock up with something which according to them is used for cooling the tyre, but just so happens to also produce downforce, and this gets allowed.

As some others have now pointed out, the rules mentions affix, so hypothetically, if you mould your wings as part of the swingarm in one piece, they're not affixed, so there's no reason you wouldn't be allowed to use them.

See where this is going?

Also, the rules aren't rules, they are guidelines. And I think that's the point of these appeals, clarity.

Dear Gigi,

I did not ever want to communicate with you again, and to say the truth, it is hard to even see you down there from up on my throne as the Respola Suprema.

But there you are. All little and with the eyebrows and the beard of a cardinal who has crying Catholic children locked in his basement.

Soon, you will have to go to court, yes? And maybe soon after that, they will put chains on your skinny wrists and march you off to Castello Ursino so toothless Libyans can explore your culo with their long, warty fingers.

But that is what you get for cheating, Gigi! Cheating, Madre de Dios! Such a thing in this sport of Emperors and Mambas! You have brought disgrace to my memory as the Greatest Ducatistatitatella.

Of course, I can understand how you would be lost without me there to develop that stupid Bologna rubbish. It was hard enough when I was there. How many seats did we try? Seven hundred? Eight hundred? I would say to you: “My culo is not happy” and you would just not make my culo happy, would you? I was starting to think you didn’t understand my simple development instructions – “Make my culo happy!”

But I understand your problem very well and why you must cheat to go fast.

That sour-faced Police Puta is just too fat to ride quickly and the hair that grows everywhere on him – even on the palms of his hands and on his tongue – does nothing to make him faster.

Of course, you already know it is impossible to stop the salt-water from the Piss-Eyed Puta who once had the honour of being my team-mate. So much tears! And all of it running into the back-wheel of his Ducati.

So, as a master of nuclearing thermoplastidynamicos I understand why you have put those stupid crying-shields on the bikes near the back wheel. For both of those idiots. One cries because he is the product of Godless dock-puta, and the other cries because he can no longer paint his coarse police-fur blue. And because he is fat.

I think you wish for me to come back, yes? Ha ha! Too bad, Gigi. I cannot do that. Actually, I can – because the Respol Bushidos have said to me many times: “George, you do what you want” and my Eskimo, Poojah, has agreed as well.

But I will not. Because you have made your bed-kaka and you must lie in it, like you did when you were little. I promise to visit you in prison. When the season is over. Or maybe when I retire.

It is a good lesson for you, Gigi, yes? The cheating stone that rolls, can never be left to grow into a mountain where eagles make their home. That is wisdom, Gigi!

I will think of you as you sit in prison. But only to laugh. Ha ha! Like that.

Ciao!

George.

MotoGP technical director Danny Aldridge has rejected Honda's version of the Ducati winglet design that rivals protested following the season-opener.

On Tuesday the FIM Court of Appeal dismissed Aprilia, Honda, Suzuki and KTM's protest against the deflector that Qatar Grand Prix winner Ducati ran ahead of the rear wheel of its 2019 bikes at Losail.

Ducati's defence was that the component was used specifically to cool the rear tyre, rather than for an aerodynamic gain - which is prohibited in that area.

Motorsport.com understands that a Honda representative approached Aldridge with a similar design
Honda brings Ducati-style winglet to Argentina for the team's bike on Thursday ahead of this weekend's Argentinian GP but homologation was refused when Aldridge was told the purpose of the device.

It appears that Honda's move was a deliberate attempt to highlight the problems with the current regulations and the FIM decision.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/honda-winglet-ducati-rejected-aldridge/4360325/

Shouldn't have gone in with it being an aerodynamic device. AFAIK Duc went in with it being for cooling the tyre, and solely for that. That it also has aerodynamic qualities didn't matter for the initial application, as it was a cooling device. 

Honda went in with stating it was explicitly an aerodynamic addition. It was declined, as no aerodynamic aids are allowed there. 

To me, it seems as if Duc has an excellent handle on semantics, and, as any racing team should, are using the rules / guidelines and their interpretation thereof to eke out any advantage, at a far greater level than that of their competitors. IE: They're designing something, putting it on without asking first (allowed, in terms of the rules, and not flagged on the scrutineering before the race) and then hoping it's within the scope of the guidelines while describing it using the most appropriate framework for its desired purpose. 

It's just intelligent use of the rules & guidelines to get an advantage over your competitors. 

Shouldn't have gone in with it being an aerodynamic device. AFAIK Duc went in with it being for cooling the tyre, and solely for that. That it also has aerodynamic qualities didn't matter for the initial application, as it was a cooling device. 

Honda went in with stating it was explicitly an aerodynamic addition. It was declined, as no aerodynamic aids are allowed there. 

To me, it seems as if Duc has an excellent handle on semantics, and, as any racing team should, are using the rules / guidelines and their interpretation thereof to eke out any advantage, at a far greater level than that of their competitors. IE: They're designing something, putting it on without asking first (allowed, in terms of the rules, and not flagged on the scrutineering before the race) and then hoping it's within the scope of the guidelines while describing it using the most appropriate framework for its desired purpose. 

It's just intelligent use of the rules & guidelines to get an advantage over your competitors. 

It's called cheating in my books.

Aldridge willfully made the wording vague.

It would be like a pro cycling taking testoterone for a chronic ailment and being allowed to still compete professionally, even though it gives him a massive advantage, and all because he disclosed it as a medication and the performance advances were simply coincidental.

Meanwhile Marc just obliterated the guys yesterday!!!!!!!!!

Cal was shafted with that "jump start".

Rossi had a great race, that battle was good to see.

Lorenzo manages to engage pit lane limiter on the track, his excuses are getting very imaginative!!!

Wonder when Aprilia will dump Iannone.......

MM93 was in a class all of his one. Masterful.

Glad to see VR46 can still take the fight to the "youngsters". 

JL99, less said of him, the better.

Morbideli is showing some promise.

When will Vinales ever have a proper start? Maybe VR46 must give him some lessons in his spare time. 

For excitement, how about the Binder Boys both involved in a bit of Argy Bargy?

Both Moto3 and Moto2 beat the big race for excitement.

What an awesome GP ... all classes .

If BB41 got a 1 place penalty , then DB40 is lucky ....He was equally as aggressive .

Apparently Brad was warned after qualifying .

Love him or hate him , but MM93 just showed what a class act he is .

VR46 showed some proper race craft to beat Dovi .

Rins was good ... needs to qualify better .

If BB41 got a 1 place penalty , then DB40 is lucky ....He was equally as aggressive .

i subscribe to Practical Sportsbikes which now incorporates Performance Bikes and there is an article in the January edition about how to beat MM.  They interviewed a Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Wayne Gardner, Casey Stoner and a few others.  They all came down to pretty much the same thing - you need to put him under pressure and rattle him.  But if no-one is able to get close to him during the race, he's just going to disappear up the road like he did last night.

Maybe Brad should put a 93 on his bike and speak with a Spanish accent and he will get away with it next time.

I think that is why Honda went in and called it a aerodynamic aid, instant ban. Same device different wording, legal. They're just trying to show the silliness of the decision

It's called cheating in my books.

Aldridge willfully made the wording vague.

It would be like a pro cycling taking testoterone for a chronic ailment and being allowed to still compete professionally, even though it gives him a massive advantage, and all because he disclosed it as a medication and the performance advances were simply coincidental.

Meanwhile Marc just obliterated the guys yesterday!!!!!!!!!

Cal was shafted with that "jump start".

Rossi had a great race, that battle was good to see.

Lorenzo manages to engage pit lane limiter on the track, his excuses are getting very imaginative!!!

Wonder when Aprilia will dump Iannone.......

He took off like a scalded rat, no ice scoop fitted.